Advanced Virus Remover
Advanced Virus Remover, also known as AdvancedVirusRemover 2009 with associated file “PAVRM.exe” may not be as dangerous as other rogue security programs but it is considered as most active. It spreads for quite some time now and still infecting thousand of Internet users up to this date.
Most of the Trojan that help spreads this rogue program is somehow undetected by some legit antivirus applications. This is the main reason why it can sneak and install itself on computers unknown to user. Advanced Virus Remover can be installed on computers without user’s knowledge. It can be completely undetectable. Its presence will reveal when it started issuing warning messages and alerts followed by a prompt to register the program.
If this rogue application continues to stay on computer, users may experience various annoyances, because Advanced Virus Remover may connect to a remote server and update itself. Get rid of this malware at the first hand of infection; run an anti-malware program if you begin to observed its presence on computer.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista
Advanced Virus Remover announces that several virus infections occur on the computer. This fake warning intends to mislead user and be able to convince them to obtain the paid version of the useless program.
Critical vulnerable found!
Proactive system found several active vulnerabilities on your computer
Please read the following instructions before your continue.
Your system is at risk of being damaged by existing viruses. This can lead to PC freezes, crashes, erratic behavior and data loss. Please run virus removal tool to protect your system.
How to Remove Advanced Virus Remover
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Advanced Virus Remover from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Please select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Remove Advanced Virus Remover with MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
2. Download removal software and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, you need to update the database.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Advanced Virus Remover.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Advanced Virus Remover prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Advanced Virus Remover
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Advanced Virus Remover enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Advanced Virus Remover infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Advanced Virus Remover manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Advanced Virus Remover requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Advanced Virus Remover.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Advanced Virus Remover files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Advanced Virus Remover.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.