“Bee Coupons” Ads
“Bee Coupons” is an add-on for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It is considered as adware due to its goal of earning online profit via ads that it shows on user’s computer. “Bee Coupons” is dislike by many computer users due to its aggressive display of ads, coupons, deals, and other offers online while they are surfing the net. This unwanted program also exhibit ads above any search results especially when using Google.
Third-party software is the most common source of adware like “Bee Coupons”. In fact, adware authors can smoothly spread their program via this method. In addition, spam email and links from social networking sites are used to deploy “Bee Coupons” add-on.
Once this adware exists on the computer, there are only minor changes it can produce on the affected browser. Effect of “Bee Coupons” is only visible during web browser. It pop-ups random advertisements and insert links on search results to promote a network of ads. Once you clicked on this link, browser will be redirected to an endorser web site, which in return will generate profit for adware authors.
There is no reason to let “Bee Coupons” adware stay on your computer even for a while. You should remove it using effective anti-malware and anti-virus tools. It may not be a virus technically, but most anti-virus program can find and delete this threat.
'"Bee Coupons"' Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove "Bee Coupons"
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by "Bee Coupons". However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of "Bee Coupons" using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to "Bee Coupons".
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall "Bee Coupons" from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed "Bee Coupons" from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name '"Bee Coupons"' and click on Uninstall/Change. If '"Bee Coupons"' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Engaging Apps
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of "Bee Coupons".
Step 3 : Remove the "Bee Coupons" Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove "Bee Coupons" from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If '"Bee Coupons"' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Engaging Apps.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by "Bee Coupons". Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant "Bee Coupons" extensions like Engaging Apps.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the "Bee Coupons" extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Engaging Apps. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type "Bee Coupons" in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by "Bee Coupons". Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If '"Bee Coupons"' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Engaging Apps.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove "Bee Coupons", this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just "Bee Coupons".
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by "Bee Coupons" and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent "Bee Coupons" From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.