Browser Companion Helper
This entry contains removal guide for an adware called Browser Companion Helper. To uninstall the program from various Internet browsers, please follow the guide on this page.
Browser Companion Helper is a tool that supposed to be providing help to computer users. But the feedback gained from computer users is somehow poor. Users found the add-on so annoying due to its pop-up box that blocks user’s view of the web page. Added to that, Browser Companion Helper’s way of getting into the computer is invasive. One reason why people think it was a virus or some sort of malware infection.
Every users who are browsing the web and reckless in clicking links and downloading files are open to this adware infection. Usually, Browser Companion Helper is packed with software that you can download from risky web sites. This thing is sometimes included in the installation of what supposed to be a required tool when you are viewing complex web pages.
Installation of Browser Companion Helper is unnoticeable. A small portion of the process asks you for the inclusion of the program. However, it is common for users to load the program in a usual setting. Thus, Browser Companion Helper is also setup on the system similarly.
It is easy to load Browser Companion Helper into your browser as an extension or add-on, but the removal process seems to be unusual. Aside from add-on, there are other things you need to carry out to make sure that it was totally deleted from the computer. Please see the complete instructions in removing Browser Companion Helper below.
Screenshot Image of Browser Companion Helper:
As you can see in the image above, you can remove Browser Companion Helper add-ons from affected browser. Doing so is not enough. We still recommend scanning the computer with effective security software.
Browser Companion Helper Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Browser Companion Helper
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Browser Companion Helper. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Browser Companion Helper using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Browser Companion Helper.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Browser Companion Helper from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Browser Companion Helper from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Browser Companion Helper' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Browser Companion Helper' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Blabbers Communications Ltd, Browser Helper, Browser Companion
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Browser Companion Helper.
Step 3 : Remove the Browser Companion Helper Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Browser Companion Helper from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Browser Companion Helper' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Blabbers Communications Ltd, Browser Helper, Browser Companion.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Browser Companion Helper. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Browser Companion Helper extensions like Blabbers Communications Ltd, Browser Helper, Browser Companion.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Browser Companion Helper extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Blabbers Communications Ltd, Browser Helper, Browser Companion. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Browser Companion Helper in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Browser Companion Helper. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Browser Companion Helper' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Blabbers Communications Ltd, Browser Helper, Browser Companion.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Prevent Browser Companion Helper From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.