Conduit Apps Toolbar
Remove Conduit Apps Toolbar from the affected browser by removing the add-on and extension it has planted. Scanning the computer with anti-malware tool also helps in finding and deleting harmful files.
Conduit Apps Toolbar is an adware program that was made to get installed on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Various online products can use the Conduit-operated OurToolbar to make their own custom toolbar. This service can be provided for free, however, the customized toolbar will retain various features, buttons, and links from Conduit. Once this Conduit Apps Toolbar is installed, there will be major changes on the browser. Toolbar will be set together with all the features and shortcuts. Aside from that, Conduit Apps Toolbar also changes the home page to use a search from the same company. Affected computer will be compelled to use the said search, which most computer users found risky.
Other unsafe factors found on the presence of Conduit Apps Toolbar include monitoring of data. This adware intends to collect and stores information about your browsing habit and sends the gathered data to Conduit so that relevant ads or services can be added to installed toolbar.
Normally, Conduit Apps Toolbar spreads by means of free programs that are believed to be made by the same company. They made these programs look legitimate and essential. Some of it will disguise as games, tools, or useful browser plug-ins. Once you install this program, you also get the Conduit Apps Toolbar.
If in case your PC is compromised with the said adware, please see the procedures below to promptly remove Conduit Apps Toolbar. Do not forget to scan the computer with suggested tools to find and delete hidden files.
'Conduit Apps Toolbar' Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Conduit Apps Toolbar
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Conduit Apps Toolbar. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Conduit Apps Toolbar using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Conduit Apps Toolbar.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Conduit Apps Toolbar from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Conduit Apps Toolbar from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Conduit Apps Toolbar' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Conduit Apps Toolbar' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: OurToolbar
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Conduit Apps Toolbar.
Step 3 : Remove the Conduit Apps Toolbar Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Conduit Apps Toolbar from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Conduit Apps Toolbar' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like OurToolbar.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Conduit Apps Toolbar. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Conduit Apps Toolbar extensions like OurToolbar.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Conduit Apps Toolbar extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as OurToolbar. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Conduit Apps Toolbar in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Conduit Apps Toolbar. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Conduit Apps Toolbar' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like OurToolbar.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove Conduit Apps Toolbar, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just Conduit Apps Toolbar.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleaup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by Conduit Apps Toolbar and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleaup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent Conduit Apps Toolbar From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.