In order to stop Coupon Buddy pop-ups from appearing on your browser, you must remove all related add-ons or extensions. On this guide, we will show you how to locate Coupon Buddy add-ons for different Internet browser.
Coupon Buddy is a corrupt advertising platform that is included in the list of adware program. Bearing the symptoms and connection to some harmful software, Coupon Buddy is indeed another add-on that you must avoid. In most instances, malware authors are utilizing the ad space from Coupon Buddy toolbars and pop-ups to deliver malicious links to Internet users.
Authors of Coupon Buddy aim to generate revenue by displaying advertisements and earn via PPC program. However, it seems that there is no assessment in place to check for advertisers objectives. Not all links that you will see from Coupon Buddy pop-ups and tool bars are giving online deals, some may lead you to compromised web sites that can cause virus infection.
It is important that you keep computer safe from adware like this. Anti-virus and anti-malware program are efficient tools to guard your PC against Coupon Buddy. If the adware finds a way and enters your computer, please use the removal instructions that you can find on this page. There are ways to remove the add-ons and extensions of Coupon Buddy from Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome.
We highly suggest that you scan the computer with anti-malware tool after deleting the add-ons. This ensures that other components of Coupon Buddy like registry entries, system files, and browser helper objects will also be removed.
Screenshot Image of Coupon Buddy:
Coupon Buddy Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Coupon Buddy
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Coupon Buddy. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Coupon Buddy using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Coupon Buddy.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Coupon Buddy from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Coupon Buddy from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Coupon Buddy' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Coupon Buddy' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: CouponBuddy, Coupon Inc, Conduit
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Coupon Buddy.
Step 3 : Remove the Coupon Buddy Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Coupon Buddy from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Coupon Buddy' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like CouponBuddy, Coupon Inc, Conduit.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Coupon Buddy. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Coupon Buddy extensions like CouponBuddy, Coupon Inc, Conduit.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Coupon Buddy extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as CouponBuddy, Coupon Inc, Conduit. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Coupon Buddy in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Coupon Buddy. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Coupon Buddy' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like CouponBuddy, Coupon Inc, Conduit.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Prevent Coupon Buddy From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.