To stop the Giant Savings pop-up from appearing on your computer, please follow the guide on this page. This removal procedure for Giant Savings adware not only removes the adware but also deletes all components.
Giant Savings is an adware program, which was made to bring savings, offers, and coupons to Internet users. It is more inclined to online advertising to ensure promotion of products and services. It is installed as an add-on or extension to your browser so that security programs may not see it as harmful. Giant Savings normally loads into the computer without asking user’s permission. Web site that offers free tool download bundles this adware to other software.
Once inside your PC, Giant Savings places some files and registry entries. Aside from that, the adware also input settings into the browser as mentioned earlier. These changes can cause the Giant Savings coupons and offers to pop-up while you are browsing online stores. Pop-up box contains misleading savings coupons to divert your browser to unknown web pages.
As of this writing, we noticed no activities of browser hijacking by Giant Savings. Thus, we prepare a procedure to remote add-on and extension deposited by the adware on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Please ensure that you will follow every step for proper removal of Giant Savings from your browser. Also, scan the computer with suggested anti-malware program in order to remove hidden files and registry entries.
Giant Savings Removal Procedure
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Giant Savings
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Giant Savings. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Giant Savings using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions below as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified threats.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Giant Savings from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Giant Savings from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on ‘Uninstall a program’ under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name‘Giant Savings’ and click on Uninstall/Change.
If ‘Giant Savings’ is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names:
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal Giant Savings.
Step 3 : Remove the Giant Savings Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Search Providers on left side of the window.
4. Choose your desired search box and click Set as default on lower right corner of the window. Remember, you cannot remove a search provider currently set to default.
5. Then, to remove Giant Savings from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button.
6. You may now close the current window and remain Internet Explorer browser open.
7. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options. It opens up a configuration box of IE. Make sure that you are in General tab.
8. On Home Page area, replace the entry if it currently set to giant-savings.com. Type a line of your preferred web address to which your browser will open. This will be your default home page address.
9. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-Bars icon on top. Then, select Tools from the list. Next, click on Extensions.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Giant Savings. Remove the unwanted entry by removing the check on ‘Enabled’ or simply click on the ‘Trash’ icon do delete Giant Savings Extension.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Giant Savings add-on and click the Remove button. Alternatively, you can click on Disable to stop the adware from appearing in your browser.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window. Please remain in the browser; we still need to perform the final process.
6. In the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on ‘I’ll be careful, I promise!’ if it displays a warning “This might void your warranty!”
13. Type Giant Savings in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by the adware. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
14. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Alternative Removal Method for Giant Savings
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Giant Savings enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Giant Savings infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.