GiftHulk Search and Toolbar
Remove GiftHulk Search and Toolbar from your browser by completing the procedure on this post. Running a scan of suggested security tool may also help find and delete hidden files from this adware.
GiftHulk is an adware that is normally spread by enfolding its code to various freeware. This adware is added to programs that are often disguised as tool to speed-up Internet download. Moreover, audio and video players are being utilized to deploy a copy of GiftHulk.
Once installed on the computer, the adware injects a code to known browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The code is responsible for leaving your browser affected with GiftHulk Search. In fact, home page will be replaced with the custom search engine. Your default search will no longer appear when you start to use the browser. Instead, the adware will force you to use the engine from search.gifthulk.com.
Aside from that, the adware is also combined with GiftHulk Toolbar. This added row on your browser contains various functions including search, My Reward Box, Marketpalce, and a number of links. Some find the GiftHulk Toolbar useful while others deemed it annoying. Due to unnecessary buttons and links that can be found on this toolbar, it could be useless for real.
If you find GiftHulk Search and GiftHulk Toolbar useful, there is no reason for you to remove it from the computer. Otherwise, it you see that it is somehow risky; there are a number of ways to get rid of GiftHulk from the browser. First, you need uninstall the main program from Windows Control Panel. If that process did not fully remove GiftHulk Search and GiftHulk Toolbar, then you have to delete the plug-in on affected browser.
GiftHulk Search Removal Procedures
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove GiftHulk Search
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by GiftHulk Search. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of GiftHulk Search using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified threats.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall GiftHulk Search from Windows Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Opening Control Panel - Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Instructions
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel - Windows 8 Instructions
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Now, try to look and remove items with the following names: GiftHulk Toolbar, Ourtoobar, Conduit
If the given name is not present, the next trick is to uninstall newly loaded programs. To do this, arrange listed programs in chronological order. Click on 'Installed On' to see programs recently installed. Removing unfamiliar software may also help solve the issue. After selecting the program, click on Uninstall button and proceed to the next step. See image below for reference.
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of GiftHulk Search or any relevant software.
Step 3 : Remove the GiftHulk Search Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Search Providers on left side of the window.
4. Choose your desired search box and click Set as default on lower right corner of the window. Remember, you cannot remove a search provider currently set to default.
5. Then, to remove GiftHulk Search from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'GiftHulk Search' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like GiftHulk Toolbar, Ourtoobar, Conduit.
6. You may now close the current window and remain Internet Explorer browser open.
7. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options. It opens up a configuration box of IE. Make sure that you are in General tab.
8. On Home Page area, replace the entry if it currently set to GiftHulk Search. Type a line of your preferred web address to which your browser will open. This will be your default home page address.
9. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench icon on top. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by GiftHulk Search. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant GiftHulk Search extensions like GiftHulk Toolbar, Ourtoobar, Conduit.
5. Next, you need to reset the default home page of Google Chrome and remove GiftHulk Search tab during start-up. To do this, click on Settings on left side panel.
6. Go to the area 'On startup' and select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'. Click on Set pages link to remove unwanted home page entry and set your preferred default web address.
7. Type your desired home page address on the field 'Enter Url...' and press Enter on your keyboard.
8. To remove GiftHulk Search from the list, simply hover your mouse to the web address and click X on right most of the entry.
9. Click OK to save the settings and you may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the GiftHulk Search extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as GiftHulk Toolbar, Ourtoobar, Conduit. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. While still on Firefox browser, go to the Google search located on top of the browser. Notice that the Google logo has small arrow icon pointing down. Click on the arrow to reveal all installed search engines. Click on Manage Search Engines.
7. On Manage Search Engine List box, you can now remove unwanted entries that are related to GiftHulk Search. Click OK to save the settings.
8. Press OK to close the current window. We still need to do some modifications on Firefox settings so let the browser remains open.
9. Back at the Firefox browser, navigate to top menu and click on Tools > Options. It will display the configuration window of Firefox. At this point, it should open on the first tab, which is General.
10. If GiftHulk Search have changed your default home page, you can input preferred URL to be your new setting. Simply type the complete web address in the box that is labeled Home Page. Please refer to attached image.
11. Click OK to save the current settings. Please remain in the browser; we still need to perform the final process.
12. In the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
13. Type GiftHulk Search in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by GiftHulk Search. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'GiftHulk Search' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like GiftHulk Toolbar, Ourtoobar, Conduit.
14. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove GiftHulk Search, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just GiftHulk Search.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by GiftHulk Search and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent GiftHulk Search From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.