Lucky Leap Deals
Remove Lucky Leap Deals, ads, and toolbars on the browser by executing the procedures on this page. Deleting add-ons and extension linked to this adware is not enough to stop the pop-up ads.
Lucky Leap Deals is an adware that will display pop-up advertisements on the affected computer. Generally, this program is considered as PUP, or potentially unwanted program due to its nature of placing code on the browser. Lucky Leap adware can penetrate a computer unknown to user and strike at Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
When Lucky Leap toolbar is installed on the computer, its main payload is to display ads in a form of pop-up and toolbar. It contains shopping comparisons, deals, discounts, coupons, savings, and other online offers for various products and services. The main idea is to gather every online deal and squeeze them into one program. Pop-up boxes of Lucky Leap Deals intend to show relevant offers based on user’s interest. To do this, the adware needs to gather information from users. It can monitor web site visited, search inquiry, and other vital data from your browser. To some security experts, this is an invasion of privacy. Thus, they recommend the removal of Lucky Leap Deals when it is spotted on the computer.
“When using the Lucky Leap Software, certain non-personally identifiable information is collected, stored and used for business and marketing purposes, such as maintaining and improving the Software, conducting research, and displaying more relevant advertisements. Such information may be transferred to servers that are located in the United States for these purposes. This non-personally identifiable information includes, without limitation: IP address, unique identifier number, operating system, browser information, URLs visited, pages viewed, search queries entered, and other software and hardware information…”
If you disagree with the policy and does not want to expose your computer’s data, it is better to remove Lucky Leap Deals from the computer using the procedure stated on this page.
Lucky Leap Deals Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Lucky Leap Deals
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Lucky Leap Deals. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Lucky Leap Deals using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Lucky Leap Deals.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Lucky Leap Deals from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Lucky Leap Deals from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name Lucky Leap Deals and click on Uninstall/Change. If Lucky Leap Deals is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: StrongVault, Deal Saver, HD-Plus
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Lucky Leap Deals.
Step 3 : Remove the Lucky Leap Deals Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Lucky Leap Deals from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If Lucky Leap Deals is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like StrongVault, Deal Saver, HD-Plus.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Lucky Leap Deals. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Lucky Leap Deals extensions like StrongVault, Deal Saver, HD-Plus.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Lucky Leap Deals extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as StrongVault, Deal Saver, HD-Plus. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Lucky Leap Deals in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Lucky Leap Deals. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If Lucky Leap Deals is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like StrongVault, Deal Saver, HD-Plus.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove Lucky Leap Deals, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just Lucky Leap Deals.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by Lucky Leap Deals and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent Lucky Leap Deals From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.