QuickShare Coupons and Widgets can be obtained when you download and install a program coming from unknown web sites. To remove QuickShare adware, please follow the instructions you can find on this page.
QuickShare is another adware that may invade the computer by means of free software downloads. There are reports that the adware has two elements known as the QuickShare Widget and the QuickShare Coupons. Although, both sections are seen involved in promoting online products and has a purpose of generating income for its authors using pay-per-click campaign.
This part of the adware focuses in adding features for social networking sites. It needs to get installed before user can view the widget. To some, QuickShare Widget are useful in sharing things within social network. To some this app is just useless because it offers features that are already present.
QuickShare Coupons are installed on the PC as browser extensions or add-ons. It can monitor you browsing habit like web site visited and area of interest. Next, this adware will pop-up a Coupon box that contains various offers, discounts, or deals based on the gathered data while you are surfing the web.
There were reports that links from QuickShare Coupons are misleading. Harmful links are also discovered from the pop-up that redirects Internet browser to a compromised web page. The program may have a good intent but malware authors may have taken advantage of the QuickShare Coupons to spread risky programs online.
Screenshot Image of QuickShare Adware:
Coupons by QuickShare are more inclined to sell products and services. The pop-up offers various offer links that will redirect browser to a target page when clicked.
When QuickShare Widget is installed, it loads apps and start to function when you are browsing social networking sites. It features some sharing functions, which to some are redundant to the existing element on the site.
QuickShare Adware Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove QuickShare Adware
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by QuickShare Adware. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of QuickShare Adware using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to QuickShare Adware.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall QuickShare Adware from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed QuickShare Adware from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows Vista and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'QuickShare Adware' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'QuickShare Adware' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Optimizer Pro, VLC Media, FilesFrog
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of QuickShare Adware.
Step 3 : Remove the QuickShare Adware Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove QuickShare Adware from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'QuickShare Adware' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Optimizer Pro, VLC Media, FilesFrog.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by QuickShare Adware. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant QuickShare Adware extensions like Optimizer Pro, VLC Media, FilesFrog.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the QuickShare Adware extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Optimizer Pro, VLC Media, FilesFrog. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type QuickShare Adware in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by QuickShare Adware. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'QuickShare Adware' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Optimizer Pro, VLC Media, FilesFrog.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Prevent QuickShare Adware From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.