Remove 22Find (22find.com Hijacker)
Uninstall 22Find from Windows control panel to remove the main program from the computer. To stop 22Find.com from conquering home page and new tab of your browser, you need to remove extensions or plug-ins.
22Find is a browser redirect adware. It fits this description because it can get inside your computer without asking for permission. Free software and tools is the common offender to get 22Find inside your computer. They will be installed in accord into the computer once you run the downloaded program.
When loaded onto the computer, 22Find dominates the home page of the affected browser. Instead of the default setting, you will now see a search box from 22find.com. Aside from that, users also described the adware as aggressive in issuing pop-up advertisements while they are browsing the web. The new home showing many icons that are useless, dismay many people. See the attached image on this page.
Normally, 22Find is installed into popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It is integrated as browser helper object in order to start the service when user launch affected application. This adware can monitor user’s online activities and record visited web sites and search term. Later on, 22find.com uses this data to serve relevant ads.
To remove 22Find from home page, you must delete the add-ons from browser. Also, there is a need to uninstall the program from Windows control panel. Lastly, scanning with anti-malware tool can help find and delete items linked to the adware.
Screenshot Image of 22Find:
22Find Removal Procedures
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove 22Find
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by 22Find. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of 22Find using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to 22Find.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall 22Find from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed 22Find from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 22Find and click on Uninstall/Change. If it is not present, try to look and remove entries such as Cherished Technology Ltd..
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of 22Find.
Step 3 : Remove the 22Find Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove 22Find from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 22Find is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Cherished Technology Ltd..
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by 22Find. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant extensions already mentioned above.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the 22Find extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as already mentioned above. Click the Remove button to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type 22Find in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by 22Find. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 22Find is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Cherished Technology Ltd..
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove 22Find, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just 22Find.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by 22Find and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent 22Find From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.