Remove ads by BlockAndSurf
Remove BlockAndSurf pop-up ads from the computer by scanning the computer with various tools and anti-malware program. Deleting unwanted add-on may also help remove the adware, but on some instances, BlockAndSurf is using random names to mislead computer users.
BlockAndSurf is offered as a browser tool that allows you to gather the best and cheapest items online. Normally, people may acquire this adware via third-party applications offered on various web sites. It is also endorsed on spam email messages and social media sites, so every user online are a target of BlockAndSurf pop-up ads.
Adware and potentially unwanted program like BlockAndSurf are normally installed as a browser hijacker to Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. On Internet Explorer, it runs as browser helper object so it is quite hard to stop BlockAndSurf on this browser compare to other ones. The adware is capable of changing settings in order to perform its task. If installed completely, you will begin to see ads from BlockAndSurf. It can be in a form of pop-up ads, banner, or drop-down coupon list.
The adware gets into the computer quick and easy, with less effort taking advantage of user’s lack of knowledge in installing freeware. However, if you decide to remove BlockAndSurf and stop ads from showing on the computer, you will likely deal with lots of complexities. Just like other variants, you may not find BlockAndSurf on Add/Remove program of Windows Control Panel. Unlike other normal programs, this adware cannot be removed with a single click.
To perform the effective way of uninstalling BlockAndSurf, please follow the guide as instructed on this page. Scan the computer with suggested tools to ensure that no more entities of the adware will be left inside the PC.
BlockAndSurf Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove BlockAndSurf
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by BlockAndSurf. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of BlockAndSurf using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to BlockAndSurf.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall BlockAndSurf from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed BlockAndSurf from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name BlockAndSurf and click on Uninstall/Change. If BlockAndSurf is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: SaveClicker, Codec, GBox
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of BlockAndSurf.
Step 3 : Remove the BlockAndSurf Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove BlockAndSurf from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If BlockAndSurf is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like SaveClicker, Codec, GBox.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by BlockAndSurf. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant BlockAndSurf extensions like SaveClicker, Codec, GBox.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the BlockAndSurf extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as SaveClicker, Codec, GBox. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type BlockAndSurf in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by BlockAndSurf. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If BlockAndSurf is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like SaveClicker, Codec, GBox.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove BlockAndSurf, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just BlockAndSurf.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by BlockAndSurf and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent BlockAndSurf From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.