Remove ads by BlockAndSurf
Remove BlockAndSurf pop-up ads from the computer by scanning the computer with various tools and anti-malware program. Deleting unwanted add-on may also help remove the adware, but on some instances, BlockAndSurf is using random names to mislead computer users.
BlockAndSurf is offered as a browser tool that allows you to gather the best and cheapest items online. Normally, people may acquire this adware via third-party applications offered on various web sites. It is also endorsed on spam email messages and social media sites, so every user online are a target of BlockAndSurf pop-up ads.
Adware and potentially unwanted program like BlockAndSurf are normally installed as a browser hijacker to Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. On Internet Explorer, it runs as browser helper object so it is quite hard to stop BlockAndSurf on this browser compare to other ones. The adware is capable of changing settings in order to perform its task. If installed completely, you will begin to see ads from BlockAndSurf. It can be in a form of pop-up ads, banner, or drop-down coupon list.
The adware gets into the computer quick and easy, with less effort taking advantage of user’s lack of knowledge in installing freeware. However, if you decide to remove BlockAndSurf and stop ads from showing on the computer, you will likely deal with lots of complexities. Just like other variants, you may not find BlockAndSurf on Add/Remove program of Windows Control Panel. Unlike other normal programs, this adware cannot be removed with a single click.
To perform the effective way of uninstalling BlockAndSurf, please follow the guide as instructed on this page. Scan the computer with suggested tools to ensure that no more entities of the adware will be left inside the PC.
BlockAndSurf Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove BlockAndSurf
We provide a link to the best free anti-malware software, so that you can download and try it worry free. Running an anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by this particular malware. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix the existing problems on your pc and Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox. But since this is the easiest method you should definitely try it first.
If you try this method and it does not get rid of BlockAndSurf, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Another option is to try restoring Windows to a previous state prior to the infection.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool (malwarebytes). Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, navigate to where the program is saved and install it using the default configuration. If you had to use a USB drive, insert it into the infected computer and install. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database. If you don't have internet access due to the virus, please try running your computer in safe mode with networking, and update the program.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to BlockAndSurf.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows, go ahead and do this in order to fully get rid of the program.
Step 2 : Uninstall BlockAndSurf from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed the malware from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from your particular internet browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below based on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Go to Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. The window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, go to 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for anything with BlockAndSurf and go to Uninstall/Change. If BlockAndSurf is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: SaveClicker, Codec, GBox
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of BlockAndSurf.
Step 3 : Remove the BlockAndSurf Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Remove BlockAndSurf from Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove the malware from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If BlockAndSurf is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like SaveClicker, Codec, GBox.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Remove BlockAndSurf from Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. With basic installation, Google Chrome will install itself originally with no extensions, so this space would be empty unless you manually installed some add-ons. Remove any unwanted entries related to this virus.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Remove BlockAndSurf from Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the BlockAndSurf extension. If it does not exist, find any items that may be related to the malware with a similar name (sometimes the names may vary). Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type BlockAndSurf in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by BlockAndSurf. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If BlockAndSurf is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different but similar name.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove BlockAndSurf, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just BlockAndSurf. Please only do this if you are ok with returning your internet browser to its original default settings, it will undo any customization you have done.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with a poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by BlockAndSurf and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent malware and adware From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. The Suggested tools and security setup within installed software will help prevent the same attack on your PC in the future.
Install an effective anti-malware programYour first line of defense would be an effective security program that provides real-time protection. We have a list of anti-malware program that are tried and tested. It does not only scan files but also monitors your Internet traffic and is extremely active on blocking malicious communication. Click on the button below to download our recommended anti-malware program (malwarebytes antimalware).
Always update your installed softwareSoftware vendors constantly release updates for programs whenever a new flaw is discovered. Getting the updates will make your computer more secure and help prevents Trojan, virus, malware, and unwanted software similar to BlockAndSurf. If in case your program is not set for instant update, it is usually offered from vendor's web site, which you can download anytime.
Update Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla FirefoxYour internet browser is one of the most used pieces of software on your computer and it is your gateway to the online world. This is your first line of defense against malware or viruses. It's important to remember to update these programs when it is suggested this will protect you from having to remove BlockAndSurf and similar programs in the first place.
Each of these programs has it's own auto-update and it should update itself as long as you allow it to when it prompts you.
Google chrome will show you that it needs updated by changing the color of the three bars icon in the top right corner of the browser. If the color of the bars changes to green, orange or red it means that your software needs updated, click the google chrome menu button, select "update google chrome" and follow the dialog boxes that appear. Reset chrome when finished. This should remove the coloring and the settings button will return to normal
Windows Internet Explorer should automatically update itself through your operating system if you're using "windows". This will go on behind the scenes, you'll notice sometimes windows requests permission to install new updates, during the installation of these new updates it will update the current version of Explorer if there is a newer version.
Updating Firefox is simple as well. Click the menu bottom and select "about firefox". The window will open and Firefox will automatically begin checking if it is the most up to date version available. When the updates are ready you simply click the "Restart to Update" button and Firefox will update itself and restart as well so you are then using the newest possible type of browser.