The official web site of Pollicare state that it can help you install applications the easy way without any hassled using its own file downloader products. It also assures users that by using this tool, they will have better experience and successful installation of desired application.
Technically, Pollicare is utilized to distribute software using its own network. It is believed to be part of adware that carries malicious intent. Originally, Pollicare is delivered packed with other software and unwanted programs. This scheme is compensated with a sum of money paid by adware authors.
When Pollicare is mounted into the computer, it targets browsers like Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox. Delivering advertisements like banners and pop-ups is its main purpose. Pollicare can also add some items on the browser not authorized by the user. Having these behaviors, computer security experts categorized it as potentially unwanted program (PUP) that must be removed from the computer without any delay.
Pollicare Removal Procedures
Below are several steps that you should carry out to delete Pollicare adware from Mac computer. We highly recommend executing both manual removal and thorough scanning of the system using the provided tool.
Delete Pollicare from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose “Preferences“.
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select “Extensions” tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Pollicare from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside “Enable Pollicare extension” or similar entry. You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next steps.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on “Go“. Then, select “Go to Folder“.
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Pollicare.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu, click Go, and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Pollicare to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Pollicare
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select “Open” from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the “Scan” button to start checking the computer for presence of Pollicare and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on “Remove Selected Items” to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Pollicare. Your computer should now be malware free.