How to Remove Remote Desktop Access by VuuPc
Get rid of remote desktop access by vuupc by following this removal guide. Start with the malware scanning tool then finish the steps to finalize the uninstall process.
Remote Desktop Access by VuuPc is a potentially unwanted program. It can be installed on the computer through download manager and third-party software. Usually, programs like Remote Desktop Access are being installed on the computer without user’s consent. Pay-per-install scheme is also being utilized by people behind this program to deploy it more rapidly. The method doesn’t only load Remote Desktop Access; it may also distribute malicious programs like toolbars and home page hijacker together.
If Remote Desktop Access by VuuPc is present on the computer, users may immediately observe certain changes on the browser. This program may display a barrage of pop-ups and other annoyances. It can add toolbar bearing its name or hijack the home page using its custom search engine. Other components of Remote Desktop Access may also be installed but re-branded to hide their origin.
If you have purposely installed Remote Desktop Access, a bunch of programs and tools will also surface on the computer without your consent. Some can be uninstalled from Windows Control Panel, but some will give you difficulty during the removal process. Adware usually comes packed to unwanted program such as Remote Desktop Access and most people are not given sufficient information about it. For this reason, potentially unwanted programs are somehow deemed malicious by security experts. Although they are not considered as virus, it is still much safer uninstalling such programs.
To be able to remove Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC and other adware from the computer, we have outlined systematic procedures on this page. Carefully follow the guide and download necessary tools that will help you remove the adware effectively.
Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC Removal Procedures
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC and click on Uninstall/Change. If it is not present, try to look and remove entries such as Remote Desktop Access, VOPackage.exe.
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC.
Step 3 : Remove the Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Remote Desktop Access, VOPackage.exe.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant extensions already mentioned above.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as already mentioned above. Click the Remove button to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Remote Desktop Access, VOPackage.exe.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent Remote Desktop Access by VuuPC From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.