Remove Shopper-Pro pop-up ads, cash back, and coupons from the browser by removing the unwanted add-on from settings. Scan the computer with tools provided on this page to delete all hidden files linked to this adware.
Shopper-Pro is a malicious browser add-on that most computer users deemed shady. Due to its secret installation on one’s PC, most people who discover its presence think that it is linked to virus or malware activities. In general, Shopper-Pro is currently categorized as adware. A program is integrated into the computer without or with very little knowledge of the user. In most, instances, adware prompts users during the installation of the main program. You may download the main program from various servers that can integrate Shopper-Pro into the browser.
Most often, users are loading the program in its default value. Part where they were prompt for the inclusion of Shopper-Pro is always ignored. Thus, do not be shock seeing the adware pop-ups while you are browsing the web. The ads always contain links to various discounts coupons and various offers from online products. In short, Shopper-Pro is like a compilation of most coupons presently available on the web.
Pop-up coupon does not always please computer users. In fact, growing number of them are seeking for specific ways to uninstall Shopper-Pro from the system. This is the reason why we put up this post, to give you exact pointers in deleting relevant add-ons and plug-ins. The procedure also teaches you to remove Shopper-Pro from affected major browsers namely Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
'Shopper-Pro' Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Shopper-Pro
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Shopper-Pro. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Shopper-Pro using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Shopper-Pro.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Shopper-Pro from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Shopper-Pro from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Shopper-Pro' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Shopper-Pro' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Goobzo
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Shopper-Pro.
Step 3 : Remove the Shopper-Pro Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Shopper-Pro from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Shopper-Pro' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Goobzo.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Shopper-Pro. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Shopper-Pro extensions like Goobzo.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Shopper-Pro extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Goobzo. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Shopper-Pro in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Shopper-Pro. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Shopper-Pro' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Goobzo.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove Shopper-Pro, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just Shopper-Pro.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by Shopper-Pro and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent Shopper-Pro From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.