Remove Special Savings Ads
Uninstall “Special Savings” coupon ads from the computer by deleting the extension it has infected into the browser. See the complete guide on this page to properly remove the adware.
Special Savings is considered as adware due to its tactics used in order to penetrate a computer. This program was made to show their advertisements when user surf online shopping web sites like Amazon, eBay, Costco, BestBuy, and so on. Normally, ads provided by Special Savings is a box that offers various coupons, deals, promo codes and savings that user may use for online shopping. At first, the ads will appear on upper right corner of the browser showing a number of coupons available for certain query. Clicking on that link opens a box as mentioned earlier.
Special Savings extension or add-on is intended for browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla FireFox. It is typically injected when you download and install free software from various hosts. Some software known to be deploying Special Savings adware are multimedia players and Internet download tools. When installed on the computer, this adware begins to change some settings on the browser. It adds the code as an extension on add-on. Later on, Special Savings monitors your browsing activity and release the advertisement when it notices that you are shopping online. Aside from coupons and savings, the adware also suggest some web sites that cater to product you are looking for. To some, Special Savings is a useful tool. However, others are annoyed with the constant display of ads without user’s request. Nevertheless, this tool is not a virus as some users perceive it.
Removing Special Savings from the affected browser is not difficult at all. Just follow the instructions provided on this page and rests assure, extension will be uninstalled completely from your computer.
Special Savings Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Special Savings
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Special Savings. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Special Savings using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Special Savings.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Special Savings from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Special Savings from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name Special Savings and click on Uninstall/Change. If Special Savings is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Deal Finder
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Special Savings.
Step 3 : Remove the Special Savings Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Special Savings from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If Special Savings is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Deal Finder.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Special Savings. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Special Savings extensions like Deal Finder.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Special Savings extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Deal Finder. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Special Savings in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Special Savings. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If Special Savings is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Deal Finder.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove Special Savings, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just Special Savings.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by Special Savings and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent Special Savings From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.