Remove xVidly search and toolbar from the browser is few easy steps. If you cannot find the add-on related to this adware, it may have used misleading titles to prevent its removal.
xVidly Toolbar and Search is part of the main program in which it is being promoted as useful download manager. According to the site, xVidly is not just a download client. It is also a video player and converter. Usually, this program is promoted through free software. It comes as a bundled tool. Makers of xVidly are also using various online advertising agents to stage their product.
Once xVidly is installed on the computer, it may carry changes to your browser without asking for approval. The operation maybe executed in the background while you are installing the main program. Changes on the browser allow xVidly to show up on search. Moreover, it will install a toolbar that contains buttons and links of useless services.
Most users whose computers were hit by xVidly share the same outlook about the invasive action of the program. It may get installed on the computer without giving user options for its removal. This is the reason why many people are looking for effective uninstall instruction for xVidly.
In the guide below, we have outlined how you can remove the adware from the computer. Together, the procedure also removes xVidly search and toolbar. Be sure to complete the tutorial to ensure that no more remnants of the adware will be left inside the computer.
'xVidly' Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove xVidly
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by xVidly. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of xVidly using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to xVidly.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall xVidly from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed xVidly from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'xVidly' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'xVidly' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Jottix
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of xVidly.
Step 3 : Remove the xVidly Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove xVidly from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'xVidly' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Jottix.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by xVidly. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant xVidly extensions like Jottix.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the xVidly extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Jottix. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type xVidly in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by xVidly. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'xVidly' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Jottix.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove xVidly, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just xVidly.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by xVidly and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent xVidly From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.