Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads
This page contains removal steps to stop the Smart Suggestor pop-up ads. To complete the process, we imply that you also run a scan using anti-malware tool to delete all files and registry entries setup by the adware.
Smart Suggestor is an Internet browser plug-in made by company called Think Tank Labs. The program aims at bringing computer users with relevant materials when doing searches or browsing the web. Moreover, Smart Suggestor pop-up ads that offers huge savings on various deals. Be careful when using these features. There are already complaints that links from this tool may deliver harmful programs into the computer.
There are some ways that author distributes this product. We observed Smart Suggestor Pop-up ads are embedded into some software that you can download from free servers. This software can be a tool, multimedia players, Internet speed booster, or games. Once you install the program, Smart Suggestor also loads in the background without your blessing.
Goal for the creation of this adware may seem acceptable. It is developed to give Internet user shortcuts or easy access to online resources. However, the way it enters the computer is somehow harassing to some. Ads by Smart Suggestor are also annoying when it just pop-up whether user does not have a demand for it. Its manipulation of web browsing pushes some people an urgent need to remove Smart Suggestor from the PC.
In that case, we have prepared simple guides to uninstall Smart Suggestor and stop the pop-up ads from appearing on your browser. Settings needed to adjust on each affected browser to prevent the pop-up. Additionally, full scan of the computer using anti-malware tool is also advised.
Screenshot Image of Smart Suggestor Pop-up:
Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows Vista and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Save-as,Think Tank, smartsuggestor-command, SaveNow
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads.
Step 3 : Remove the Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Save-as,Think Tank, smartsuggestor-command, SaveNow.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads extensions like Save-as,Think Tank, smartsuggestor-command, SaveNow.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Save-as,Think Tank, smartsuggestor-command, SaveNow. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Save-as,Think Tank, smartsuggestor-command, SaveNow.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Prevent Smart Suggestor Pop-up Ads From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.