Uninstall “Browse To Save” Pop-up Ads
To remove pop-up ads frequently shown by “Browse to Save”, you have to remove the program from Windows control panel. Additionally, you also need to uninstall the Browse2Save add-ons from affected Internet browser.
“Browse to Save” is an additional application when you install a program where it is bundled. In short, it is an adware that may get into your computer via another software. In most instances, it is attached to unknown tools and enhancement products that some web sites will prompt you to download. Without your mandate, it may get installed and change some settings on the browser.
Usually, “Browse to Save” is attached to Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. As an add-on, it will load when you execute any of the said programs. This adware monitors your browsing habit; web site visited, and search words and phrases. Then, it issues pop-up ads showing relevant contents. The pop-up box present links to products and services that offer discount coupon and savings. Clicking on the link will bring you to an advertiser’s web site.
Although there is no harm with the “Browse to Save”, links it may disclose to computer users may be risky. You should always take care when clicking on links, not only from “Browse to Save” but also during your entire web surfing activity. Reason why adware invades so many computer is due to user’s irresponsible click habit when browsing the Internet.
"Browse To Save" Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove "Browse To Save"
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by "Browse To Save". However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of "Browse To Save" using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to "Browse To Save".
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall "Browse To Save" from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed "Browse To Save" from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name "Browse To Save" and click on Uninstall/Change. If "Browse To Save" is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Browse2Save, Protected Search, ContinuetoSave, Zoomex
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of "Browse To Save".
Step 3 : Remove the "Browse To Save" Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove "Browse To Save" from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If "Browse To Save" is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Browse2Save, Protected Search, ContinuetoSave, Zoomex.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by "Browse To Save". Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant "Browse To Save" extensions like Browse2Save, Protected Search, ContinuetoSave, Zoomex.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the "Browse To Save" extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Browse2Save, Protected Search, ContinuetoSave, Zoomex. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type "Browse To Save" in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by "Browse To Save". Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If "Browse To Save" is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Browse2Save, Protected Search, ContinuetoSave, Zoomex.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove "Browse To Save", this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just "Browse To Save".
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by "Browse To Save" and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent "Browse To Save" From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.