Widgi Toolbar Adware
For instructions in removing Widgi Toolbar adware from your computer, please browse this page. Tools and programs that are essential in uninstalling Widgi Toolbar are also made available on this article.
Widgi Toolbar by Spigot is a program that loads its gadget into your Internet browser without asking for approval. Due to this invasive process, security experts include it in the list of adware. Its origin can be a mixture of online tricks. It uses other software that will appear essential when you are viewing online videos or downloading any software. Makers of Widgi Toolbar usually embed the code to program not known to many.
Make sure that all your programs are up-to-date. Obsolete software is most vulnerable to Widgi Toolbar virus. Internet browsers are mainly a target of this adware. Once it exploits the flaw, penetration goes concealed, not even your anti-virus software may detect it because it will be installed as browser helper object on your Internet browser program.
Since Widgi Community Toolbar can be customized to show various buttons and links. Malware authors can include harmful links into it. User may be easily deceived with fake icons bearing friendly software or services. Be careful when accessing links from this Widgi Toolbar adware. It may transmit harmful and dangerous files by simply redirecting your browser to a host web site.
Possible Widgi Toolbar Platform removal includes scanning the compromised PC with efficient anti-virus program. Additionally, run a thorough scan using anti-malware tool to make sure that no more remnants of the adware is left inside the system.
Screenshot Image of Widgi Toolbar Adware:
Widgi Toolbar Adware Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Widgi Toolbar Adware
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Widgi Toolbar Adware. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Widgi Toolbar Adware using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Widgi Toolbar Adware.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Widgi Toolbar Adware from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Widgi Toolbar Adware from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Widgi Toolbar Adware' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Widgi Toolbar Adware' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Widbi, Spigot, Conduit
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Widgi Toolbar Adware.
Step 3 : Remove the Widgi Toolbar Adware Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Widgi Toolbar Adware from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Widgi Toolbar Adware' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Widbi, Spigot, Conduit.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Widgi Toolbar Adware. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Widgi Toolbar Adware extensions like Widbi, Spigot, Conduit.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Widgi Toolbar Adware extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Widbi, Spigot, Conduit. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Widgi Toolbar Adware in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Widgi Toolbar Adware. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Widgi Toolbar Adware' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Widbi, Spigot, Conduit.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Prevent Widgi Toolbar Adware From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.