Widgi Toolbar by Spigot is a program that loads its gadget into your Internet browser without asking for approval. Due to this invasive process, security experts include it in the list of adware. Its origin can be a mixture of online tricks. It uses other software that will appear essential when you are viewing online videos or downloading any software. Makers of Widgi Toolbar usually embed the code to program not known to many.
Make sure that all your programs are up-to-date. Obsolete software is most vulnerable to Widgi Toolbar virus. Internet browsers are mainly a target of this adware. Once it exploits the flaw, penetration goes concealed, not even your anti-virus software may detect it because it will be installed as browser helper object on your Internet browser program.
Since Widgi Community Toolbar can be customized to show various buttons and links. Malware authors can include harmful links into it. User may be easily deceived with fake icons bearing friendly software or services. Be careful when accessing links from this Widgi Toolbar adware. It may transmit harmful and dangerous files by simply redirecting your browser to a host web site.
Possible Widgi Toolbar Platform removal includes scanning the compromised PC with efficient anti-virus program. Additionally, run a thorough scan using anti-malware tool to make sure that no more remnants of the adware is left inside the system.
Screenshot Image of Widgi Toolbar Adware:
Widgi Toolbar Adware Removal Procedures
Totally get rid of the threat from your computer by performing the outlined procedures below. Efficient tools and scanners are made available for free.
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Widgi Toolbar Adware
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Widgi Toolbar Adware. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Widgi Toolbar Adware using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Widgi Toolbar Adware.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Widgi Toolbar Adware from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Widgi Toolbar Adware from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows Vista and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Widgi Toolbar Adware' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Widgi Toolbar Adware' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Widbi, Spigot, Conduit
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Widgi Toolbar Adware.
Step 3 : Remove the Widgi Toolbar Adware Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Widgi Toolbar Adware from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Widgi Toolbar Adware' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Widbi, Spigot, Conduit.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Widgi Toolbar Adware. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Widgi Toolbar Adware extensions like Widbi, Spigot, Conduit.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Widgi Toolbar Adware extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Widbi, Spigot, Conduit. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Widgi Toolbar Adware in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Widgi Toolbar Adware. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Widgi Toolbar Adware' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Widbi, Spigot, Conduit.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Prevent Widgi Toolbar Adware From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.
Install an effective anti-malware program
Your first line of defense would be an effective security program that provides real-time protection. We have a list of anti-malware program that are tried and tested. It does not only scan files but also monitors your Internet traffic and is extremely active on blocking malicious communication. Click on the button below to download our recommended anti-malware program.
Always update your installed software
Software vendors constantly releases updates for programs whenever a flaw is discovered. Getting the updates makes the computer more secured and help prevents Trojan, virus, malware, and Widgi Toolbar Adware similar attacks. If in case your program is not set for instant update, it usually offered from vendor's web site, which you can download anytime.
Maximize the security potential of your Internet browser
Each browser has their own feature where in you can adjust the security settings that fit your browsing habit. We highly encourage you to maximize the setup to tighten the security of your browser.
Apply full caution when using the Internet
Internet is full of fraud, malware, and many forms of computer threats. Implement full caution with links that you may receive from emails, social networking sites, and instant messaging programs. It might lead you to malicious sites that can cause harm to your computer. Avoid strange web sites that offers free services and software downloads.