Some anti-virus programs identified this threat as Adware:Win32/PriceGong because of its risky actions in order to infiltrate a computer. To remove Win32 PriceGong, carefully follow the systematic guide on this entry.
Win32 Pricegong is considered as an adware program that has its own agenda after it gets inside the computer. This risky software has a code that displays offers and discounts for items you are searching from the web. The monitoring ability of Win32 Pricegong can gather data of user’s interests while browsing the web. This data is compiled and analyzes by the adware in order to display relevant ads.
Wonder why Win32 Pricegong appears on your computer instantly. It is not a virus that infects your system alone. Win32 Pricegong may have come bundled with other software you have installed. It maybe unknown to you but it loads because you allow it to. For this reason, we urge every computer user to be cautious when installing unknown program. They may have junk items in the background.
Having the Win32 Pricegong inside the computer affects your browsing greatly. It uses the Internet bandwidth by connecting to a remote server to download ads, which it issues at your browser. Additionally, there is a risk of your PC being infected if the advertiser intends to use the program in order to deploy malware. We highly advise the removal of Win32 Pricegong as soon as it is observed. For removal guidance, you may refer to the instructions provided on this page.
Screenshot Image of Win32 Pricegong:
Win32 Pricegong Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Win32 Pricegong
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Win32 Pricegong. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Win32 Pricegong using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to Win32 Pricegong.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Win32 Pricegong from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Win32 Pricegong from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Win32 Pricegong' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Win32 Pricegong' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: PriceGong, Shopping Assistant
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Win32 Pricegong.
Step 3 : Remove the Win32 Pricegong Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove Win32 Pricegong from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Win32 Pricegong' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like PriceGong, Shopping Assistant.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Win32 Pricegong. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Win32 Pricegong extensions like PriceGong, Shopping Assistant.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Win32 Pricegong extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as PriceGong, Shopping Assistant. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type Win32 Pricegong in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Win32 Pricegong. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Win32 Pricegong' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like PriceGong, Shopping Assistant.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Prevent Win32 Pricegong From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.