W32.Myzor.FK@yf is a part of another rogue security program that sends alarm to user about possible threat on the computer. It then gives an advice to buy the full version of the program to be able to clean the infection. W32.Myzor.FK@yf warning will redirect homepage of compromised computer to Security Center or Internet Security titled websites.
These mentioned sites hosts the installer files for the rogue program. You don’t have to click on anything to download them. It is using a technique called drive-by-download in which it automatically drops the file when user pays a visit to the site.
Getting a warning about W32.Myzor.FK@yf is not really an alert from legitimate security program. Some kind of virus or Trojan infection causes the fake warning to appear. Thus, we highly encourage you to proceed with the instructions below to scan your PC and remove any malware on the computer.
Here is the excerpt of the message from fake alert.
W32.Myzor.FK@yf is a virus that infects files with .exe extentions. It attempts to steal passwords and private information from the infected computer.
Signs and Symptoms of W32.myzor.fk@yf Infection:
Browser is redirected to W32.myzor.fk@yf web sites
Rogue program is coupled with web site that promotes the full version of it. Also, the same web sites are used for online payment if user has fallen into the trap of this malware.
Exhibits fake pop-ups and security alert
In order to deceive computer users, W32.myzor.fk@yf will exhibit a bunch of fake security alerts and warning messages. It also intends to promote the malware as the sole remover for identified threats.
W32.myzor.fk@yf will detect errors and threats that do not exists
Every rogue programs are made to mislead computer users. Thus, expect that W32.myzor.fk@yf will show scan result that is full of errors and threats. This result is fictitious and you should not follow its recommendation.
Other Functions of W32.myzor.fk@yf:
- W32.myzor.fk@yf may come with another Trojan or virus
- It can contact a remote server in order to download more malware
- W32.myzor.fk@yf drops files and make changes to the system registry
- W32.myzor.fk@yf can steal credit card information when you pay for it online
- The threat can redirect search result link to a malicious web page
How to Remove W32.myzor.fk@yf
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from this link and save it on your Desktop.
2. After downloading, double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
3. Follow the prompts and install as default only.
4. Before the installation completes, check on the following prompts:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
5. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
6. Scan your computer thoroughly.
7. When scanning is finished click on the Show Results button.
8. Make sure that all detected threats are marked, click on Remove Selected.
9. Restart your computer.
Note: Some malware may prevent mbam-setup.exe from downloading and running. You can download and rename this program from a different computer before running it on infected system.