FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com)
FantastiGames Search may come into your computer uninvited. Instructions for the removal of search.fantastigames.com on home page can be found on this page.
FantastiGames Search is a component of browser redirect called MetaCrawler. It used to invade the home page and set it to the web address search.fantastigame.com. There are also cases that the adware will use the address fantastigames.metacrawler.com. Whichever address is incorporated to your homepage; you will still be using a custom search engine that replaces your default preference.
FantastiGames Search comes bundled with unknown programs. In most instances, it is linked to multimedia players and PC utility programs. Download manager and boosters are also seen to play a part with the distribution of FantastiGames Search.
When FantastiGames Search is installed, you will see immediate changes on your browser. It replaces the home page with a search box as shown in the attached image. Although there is no harm observed while using FantastiGames Search, most user find it improper to change the preferred settings of the home page without their knowledge.
If you feel that this add-on is annoying, you can uninstall it by following the guide on this page. We have outlined ways to remove FantastiGames Search from individual Internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Below is the image that shows the search box of search.fantastigames.com
Here is a different version of the search box from fantastigames.metacrawler.com
FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com)
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com). However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions below as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified threats.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com)' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com)' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: FantastiGames, InfoSpace, and Blucora
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com).
Step 3 : Remove the FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Search Providers on left side of the window.
4. Choose your desired search box and click Set as default on lower right corner of the window. Remember, you cannot remove a search provider currently set to default.
5. Then, to remove FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com)' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like FantastiGames, InfoSpace, and Blucora.
6. You may now close the current window and remain Internet Explorer browser open.
7. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options. It opens up a configuration box of IE. Make sure that you are in General tab.
8. On Home Page area, replace the entry if it currently set to FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com). Type a line of your preferred web address to which your browser will open. This will be your default home page address.
9. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench icon on top. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com). Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) extensions like FantastiGames, InfoSpace, and Blucora.
5. Next, you need to reset the default home page of Google Chrome and remove FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) tab during start-up. To do this, click on Settings on left side panel.
6. Go to the area 'On startup' and select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'. Click on Set pages link to remove unwanted home page entry and set your preferred default web address.
7. Type your desired home page address on the field 'Enter Url...' and press Enter on your keyboard.
8. To remove FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) from the list, simply hover your mouse to the web address and click X on right most of the entry.
9. Click OK to save the settings and you may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as FantastiGames, InfoSpace, and Blucora. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. While still on Firefox browser, go to the Google search located on top of the browser. Notice that the Google logo has small arrow icon pointing down. Click on the arrow to reveal all installed search engines. Click on Manage Search Engines.
7. On Manage Search Engine List box, you can now remove unwanted entries that are related to FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com). Click OK to save the settings.
8. Press OK to close the current window. We still need to do some modifications on Firefox settings so let the browser remains open.
9. Back at the Firefox browser, navigate to top menu and click on Tools > Options. It will display the configuration window of Firefox. At this point, it should open on the first tab, which is General.
10. If FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) have changed your default home page, you can input preferred URL to be your new setting. Simply type the complete web address in the box that is labeled Home Page. Please refer to attached image.
11. Click OK to save the current settings. Please remain in the browser; we still need to perform the final process.
12. In the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
13. Type FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com). Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com)' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like FantastiGames, InfoSpace, and Blucora.
14. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Prevent FantastiGames Search (search.fantastigames.com) From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.