“My Computer Online Scan” is a browser hijacker that redirects Internet browser to a malicious online virus scanner web site, which detects false spyware and adware. Some of the threat it incorrectly identifies are Admess.Trojan, Zserv.Transponder.Trojan and Wstart.TrojanDownloader among others.
Another interesting observation is that uploading of “My Computer Online Scan” fake security web site aims to spread a copy of rogue programs including Total Security, System Security and Security Tool. The web site will promote rogue antivirus program by means of deceptive pretences like issuing fake online virus scan results. After the scan, “My Computer Online Scan” will prompt visitor to download a recommended program in order to remove threats.
A force redirection of Internet browser to “My Computer Online Scan” web site signifies a Trojan or similar threats have infected the PC. Downloading files from this dangerous web site will further harm the computer. Keep away from visiting or downloading files from unknown sites. Prevention is possible if an antivirus program with real-time protection is present.
Remove “My Computer Online Scan” using only trusted security programs that are readily available from various vendors. Alternatively, follow the removal guide on this page to remove the browser hijacker.
Screen Shot Image:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove My Computer Online Scan
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid "My Computer Online Scan" from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Please select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Remove "My Computer Online Scan" with MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
2. Download removal tool from this page and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, you need to update the database.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to "My Computer Online Scan".
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If "My Computer Online Scan" prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.