Privitize VPN Redirect
Remove Privitize VPN redirect virus from the computer by download suggested removal tools on this page. Scan the computer with these programs to scan and delete the hijacker.
Privitize VPN hijacker is an adware program that will install a toolbar on your Internet browser without getting permission. It also ads a Privitize VPN Search to override your existing search engine and do the search from its server.
Privitize VPN redirect malware, Search and Toolbar may come into your PC bundled with other programs that you may have downloaded from the Internet. Some software linked to this adware are Audiobook, Zoomex, GamePlayLab among others. Once this adware is installed, it redirects your searches to http://search.privitize.com/?aff before showing the actual result. Privitize VPN also replaces your home page with address google.com/webhp or similar. In this case, some user calls it the Privitize VPN Hijacker.
There are reports stating that this browser redirect virus also installs a Privitize VPN search box and toolbars on Internet browser. This may be the reason why security analysts categorized it as an adware program. Added to that, after installing Privitize VPN, user found no option in removing it from Windows control panel. There are special removal guide that can uninstall the program, although, it is not easy for ordinary users. To make the procedure less complicated, we prepared a systematic guide that you can find on this page.
Screenshot Image for Privitize VPN:
Privitize VPN Redirect Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Privitize VPN Redirect
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Privitize VPN Redirect. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Privitize VPN Redirect using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions below as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified threats.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Privitize VPN Redirect from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Privitize VPN Redirect from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Privitize VPN Redirect' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Privitize VPN Redirect' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Audiobook, GamePlayLab, Zoomex, PrivitizeVPN, 000 Industry
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal Privitize VPN Redirect.
Step 3 : Remove the Privitize VPN Redirect Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Search Providers on left side of the window.
4. Choose your desired search box and click Set as default on lower right corner of the window. Remember, you cannot remove a search provider currently set to default.
5. Then, to remove Privitize VPN Redirect from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Privitize VPN Redirect' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Audiobook, GamePlayLab, Zoomex, PrivitizeVPN, 000 Industry.
6. You may now close the current window and remain Internet Explorer browser open.
7. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options. It opens up a configuration box of IE. Make sure that you are in General tab.
8. On Home Page area, replace the entry if it currently set to Privitize VPN Redirect. Type a line of your preferred web address to which your browser will open. This will be your default home page address.
9. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench icon on top. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Privitize VPN Redirect. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Privitize VPN Redirect extensions like Audiobook, GamePlayLab, Zoomex, PrivitizeVPN, 000 Industry.
5. Next, you need to reset the default home page of Google Chrome and remove Privitize VPN Redirect tab during start-up. To do this, click on Settings on left side panel.
6. Go to the area 'On startup' and select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'. Click on Set pages link to remove unwanted home page entry and set your preferred default web address.
7. Type your desired home page address on the field 'Enter Url...' and press Enter on your keyboard.
8. To remove Privitize VPN Redirect from the list, simply hover your mouse to the web address and click X on right most of the entry.
9. Click OK to save the settings and you may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Privitize VPN Redirect extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Audiobook, GamePlayLab, Zoomex, PrivitizeVPN, 000 Industry. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. While still on Firefox browser, go to the Google search located on top of the browser. Notice that the Google logo has small arrow icon pointing down. Click on the arrow to reveal all installed search engines. Click on Manage Search Engines.
7. On Manage Search Engine List box, you can now remove unwanted entries that are related to Privitize VPN Redirect. Click OK to save the settings.
8. Press OK to close the current window. We still need to do some modifications on Firefox settings so let the browser remains open.
9. Back at the Firefox browser, navigate to top menu and click on Tools > Options. It will display the configuration window of Firefox. At this point, it should open on the first tab, which is General.
10. If Privitize VPN Redirect have changed your default home page, you can input preferred URL to be your new setting. Simply type the complete web address in the box that is labeled Home Page. Please refer to attached image.
11. Click OK to save the current settings. Please remain in the browser; we still need to perform the final process.
12. In the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
13. Type Privitize VPN Redirect in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Privitize VPN Redirect. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Privitize VPN Redirect' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Audiobook, GamePlayLab, Zoomex, PrivitizeVPN, 000 Industry.
14. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Prevent Privitize VPN Redirect From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.