delta-search.com Redirect (Delta Search)
Stop redirecting your Internet browser to delta-search.com by removing the add-on linked to the adware. Follow the instructions on this page to get rid of this hijacker.
delta-search.com, also called as the Delta Search virus, is actually an adware that redirects search page to unknown pages. It affects Google Chrome differently. The adware always opens a New Tab to yhs.delta-search.com each time the browser is run. The main objective of this adware is to endorse certain goods and online services, which is supposed to be from their clients. It seems that this browser redirect is involved in some kind of traffic-generating scheme to earn a profit for its creator.
The delta-search.com redirect begins to appear when you install what you think is single program, but also installs an add-on to your browser. This plug-in can do more than replacing your home page with ‘Delta Search’ search box similar to Google. Adware may be a tool to monitor all your surfing activities and deliver relevant ads in return. About its search function, you may see that delta-search.com operates like any other search engine. However, result you may witness is a huge difference. Outcome of this unknown search engine gives a result page occupied with ads. If there were relevant results, only few are useful. Also, be careful in opening links produced by delta-search.com, there were reports that malware authors are using this program to deploy viruses.
If you are experiencing delta-search.com redirect on the computer, remove the add-on at once. Also, perform a full scan using anti-malware program to delete all items dropped by the adware. Removing the culprit program is workable in some instances.
'delta-search.com' Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove delta-search.com
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by delta-search.com. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of delta-search.com using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions below as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified threats.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall delta-search.com from Windows Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Opening Control Panel - Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Instructions
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel - Windows 8 Instructions
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Now, try to look and remove items with the following names: Babylon, Delta Search, Yontoo
If the given name is not present, the next trick is to uninstall newly loaded programs. To do this, arrange listed programs in chronological order. Click on 'Installed On' to see programs recently installed. Removing unfamiliar software may also help solve the issue. After selecting the program, click on Uninstall button and proceed to the next step. See image below for reference.
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of delta-search.com or any relevant software.
Step 3 : Remove the delta-search.com Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Search Providers on left side of the window.
4. Choose your desired search box and click Set as default on lower right corner of the window. Remember, you cannot remove a search provider currently set to default.
5. Then, to remove delta-search.com from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'delta-search.com' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Babylon, Delta Search, Yontoo.
6. You may now close the current window and remain Internet Explorer browser open.
7. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options. It opens up a configuration box of IE. Make sure that you are in General tab.
8. On Home Page area, replace the entry if it currently set to delta-search.com. Type a line of your preferred web address to which your browser will open. This will be your default home page address.
9. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench icon on top. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by delta-search.com. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant delta-search.com extensions like Babylon, Delta Search, Yontoo.
5. Next, you need to reset the default home page of Google Chrome and remove delta-search.com tab during start-up. To do this, click on Settings on left side panel.
6. Go to the area 'On startup' and select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'. Click on Set pages link to remove unwanted home page entry and set your preferred default web address.
7. Type your desired home page address on the field 'Enter Url...' and press Enter on your keyboard.
8. To remove delta-search.com from the list, simply hover your mouse to the web address and click X on right most of the entry.
9. Click OK to save the settings and you may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the delta-search.com extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Babylon, Delta Search, Yontoo. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. While still on Firefox browser, go to the Google search located on top of the browser. Notice that the Google logo has small arrow icon pointing down. Click on the arrow to reveal all installed search engines. Click on Manage Search Engines.
7. On Manage Search Engine List box, you can now remove unwanted entries that are related to delta-search.com. Click OK to save the settings.
8. Press OK to close the current window. We still need to do some modifications on Firefox settings so let the browser remains open.
9. Back at the Firefox browser, navigate to top menu and click on Tools > Options. It will display the configuration window of Firefox. At this point, it should open on the first tab, which is General.
10. If delta-search.com have changed your default home page, you can input preferred URL to be your new setting. Simply type the complete web address in the box that is labeled Home Page. Please refer to attached image.
11. Click OK to save the current settings. Please remain in the browser; we still need to perform the final process.
12. In the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
13. Type delta-search.com in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by delta-search.com. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'delta-search.com' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Babylon, Delta Search, Yontoo.
14. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove delta-search.com, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just delta-search.com.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by delta-search.com and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent delta-search.com From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.