Search.volfind.com is part of adware or free program that obtains its subsidy from online advertisements. It confesses to give user instant search results and enhances web browsing experience especially when doing online search. Search.volfind.com is suited to known browsers like Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
Once this adware is inside the computer, it commits changes on target browser program. The adware immediately replaces current home page and default search tool. It will assign Search.volfind.com as the new default for user to utilize. This unwanted search engine is as dubious as other browser hijacker currently in the wild bothering victim’s web surfing activities. In contrary, inserted extensions by adware that causes such hijacking intends to generate online revenue by referring internet traffic to its partners.
Only the user must be held accountable for the existence of Search.volfind.com on the computer. It usually came as part of freeware that they may have obtained from questionable web sites. No matter how tempting it is to download free programs, keep in mind that most of them are bundled with adware and unwanted search engine like Search.volfind.com. It is unsafe for the computer and personal data because this adware can also collects sensitive information from your browser.
Security professionals agreed that removing Search.volfind.com is far beneficial than having it on the computer. It may seem a useful search tool, but remember that it also brings security risks as well. For your own safety, get rid of this home page hijacker in few easy steps as presented below.
Search.volfind.com Removal Procedures
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Search.volfind.com
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Search.volfind.com. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Search.volfind.com using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified threats.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Search.volfind.com from Windows Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Opening Control Panel - Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel - Windows 8 and Windows 10
a) For Windows 8 and Windows 10, the easiest way to locate the Control Panel is through shortcut key. Actually, this also works for earlier versions of Windows.
b) Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard to intiate Run dialog box.
c) Type Control Panel in the Open field and click OK.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your screen now shows a window to uninstall or change a program. Please select the adware from the list.You may also try to look and remove items with the following names: Exomode
If name of adware or relevant entry is not present, the next trick is to uninstall newly loaded programs. To do this, arrange listed programs in chronological order. Click on 'Installed On' to see programs recently installed.
Select the Adware from the list and click on Uninstall button. See image below for reference. Removing unfamiliar software may also help solve the issue.
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Search.volfind.com or any relevant software.
Step 3 : Remove the Search.volfind.com Extensions or Addons from your Browser
This section will guide you to effectively remove Search.volfind.com extensions, add-ons, and unwanted search engine from Internet browsers.If in case adware name is not listed, you need to find and remove relevant objects like Exomode.
Procedures to Remove Search.volfind.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. In the address bar, type the following and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. You will now see Google Chrome's Extensions window.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless you have installed other base on your preferences. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Search.volfind.com. Click on Trash Icon beside the adware extension to remove it from Google Chrome.
Restore Google Chrome's Home Page
5. Next, you need to reset the default home page of Google Chrome and remove Search.volfind.com tab during start-up. To do this, click on Settings on left side panel.
6. Go to the area 'On startup' and select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'. Click on Set pages link to open Startup Pages window.
7. To remove Search.volfind.com from the list, simply hover your mouse to the web address and click X on right most of the entry.
8. Type your desired home page address on the field 'Enter Url...' and press Enter on your keyboard. Since this is the only URL on your Startup Page, it will be set as your default home page.
9. Click OK to save the settings. Remain on Settings page.
Restore Google Chrome's Default Search Engine
10. Scroll down to Search area.
11. Click on Manage Search Engines... button. New window will open with list of installed search engines.
12. Hover your cursor to preferred search engine and click on Make Default.
13. Select unwanted search engine that is relevant to Search.volfind.com and click on X mark to delete this item.
14. Click Done after removing all suspicious items. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Ways to Remove Search.volfind.com from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click on Toolbars and Extensions on left panel. Delete or Disable any items that are relevant to Search.volfind.com.
Restore Google Chrome's Default Search Engine
4. Click Search Providers on left panel of the window.
5. Choose your desired search box and click 'Set as default' on lower right corner of the window. Remember, you cannot remove a search provider currently set to default.
6. Then, to remove Search.volfind.com from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Search.volfind.com' is not present, it might be using a different name as stated above.
7. You may now close the current window and keep Internet Explorer browser open.
Restore Internet Explorer's Home Page
8. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options. It opens up a configuration box of IE. Make sure that you are in General tab.
9. On Home Page area, replace the entry if it is currently set to Search.volfind.com. Input your preferred web address, which will also be your default home page.
10. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Directions to Remove Search.volfind.com from Mozilla Firefox
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox
2. Type the given command in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:addons
3. Click Extensions on left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Search.volfind.com extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as mentioned above. Click the Remove button to uninstall it.
5. Close the Add-ons Manager tab.
Restore Mozilla Firefox's Home Page
6. Back on Mozilla Firefox main page, type the given command in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences
7. To remove Search.volfind.com from your home page, replace it by selecting General in the sidebar.
8. Under Startup section, make sure that 'When my Firefox starts' is set to 'Show my home page'.
9. Then, on Home Page field, type your desired home page URL. You can also click on 'Restore to Default' button to set Firefox Start Page as your home page.
Restore Mozilla Firefox's Default Search Engine
10. Click Search on the sidebar. Under Search window, set your Default Search Engine option to valid one.
11. On the same window, go to the lists of search engines. Select unwanted entry and click on Remove button to get rid of Search.volfind.com search engine.
12. Back on Mozilla Firefox main page, type this command in the address bar and press Enter on your keyboard: about:config
13. Firefox will display a warning stating "This might void your warranty!" Please click on "I'll be careful, I promise!" button.
14. In the search box, type the name of search hijacker. This will show a list of Preference that was modified by Search.volfind.com.
15. Right-click on suspicious Preference Name, and then, select Reset from drop-down list to restore the original setting. Repeat this process to all affected entries.
16. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Guide to Remove Search.volfind.com from Microsoft Edge
1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.
2. Click on More Action button located on top right corner of the browser.
3. Click on Extensions from the Menu. It will open a window showing all installed extensions.
4. Right-click on Extension that belongs to Search.volfind.com, and then, click on Remove.
Restore Microsoft Edge's Home Page
5. Back at the Menu, select Settings from the list.
6. Scroll down to 'Open with' section, and select 'A specific page or pages'. Then, select Custom.
7. Enter the web address of preferred start page. Next, click on the + sign to add the web address. If Search.volfind.com is listed as one of the start page, click X beside the URL to remove it from the browser. See image above for reference.
Restore Microsoft Edge's Default Search Engine
8. Back at Microsoft Edge Settings page.
9 .Click on View advance settings button.
10. Scroll down to 'Search in the address bar with' section. Then, click on Change button.
11. It will present list of installed search engine, Bing is the deafault search engine for Edge. You can choose other valid search engine but not Search.volfind.com. To save your pick, click on Set as default button.
12. Lastly, remove Search.volfind.com from the list. You may now restart Microsoft Edge browser.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove Search.volfind.com, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just Search.volfind.com.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and install the tool.
4. Once installed, locate Avast Browser Cleanup icon and double-click to Run.
5. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
6. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by Search.volfind.com and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
7. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
8. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent Search.volfind.com From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.
Install an effective anti-malware program
Your first line of defense would be an effective security program that provides real-time protection. We have a list of anti-malware program that are tried and tested. It does not only scan files but also monitors your Internet traffic and is extremely active on blocking malicious communication. Click on the button below to download our recommended anti-malware program.
Always update your installed software
Software vendors constantly releases updates for programs whenever a flaw is discovered. Getting the updates makes the computer more secured and help prevents Trojan, virus, malware, and Search.volfind.com similar attacks. If in case your program is not set for instant update, it usually offered from vendor's web site, which you can download anytime.
Maximize the security potential of your Internet browser
Each browser has their own feature where in you can adjust the security settings that fit your browsing habit. We highly encourage you to maximize the setup to tighten the security of your browser.
Apply full caution when using the Internet
Internet is full of fraud, malware, and many forms of computer threats. Implement full caution with links that you may receive from emails, social networking sites, and instant messaging programs. It might lead you to malicious sites that can cause harm to your computer. Avoid strange web sites that offers free services and software downloads.