Search Completion may supersede the home page of the affected browser and display a search box from http://searchcompletion.com.
Search Completion is a page that can conquer your homepage after install a packed program. It usually comes bundled with unknown multimedia players. Upon installation of the preferred program, it prompts for the inclusion of Search Completion. However, most computer users who instantly install the software missed this part. Thus, Search Completion gets installed and able to alter certain setup on the affected Internet browser. It reset the homepage to http://searchcompletion.com using the title SearchCompletion Search.
After changing the settings without user’s full consent, it is often concluded that Search Completion is a virus or browser hijacker that infects the PC. As mentioned, there is an option not to install this add-on if you are only aware of the process. With regards to uninstall procedure, there are certain steps that you need to execute in order to remove Search Completion from the computer. Removing the program from Windows control panel and deleting the added extensions are just some of the vital treatment.
For complete instructions to remove Search Completion, see the guide on this page. We prepared courses to delete this unwanted search bar from different Internet browsers.
Screenshot Image of Search Completion
Search Completion Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Search Completion
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Search Completion. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Search Completion using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions below as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified threats.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Search Completion from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed Search Completion from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Go to Start > Control Panel.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'Search Completion' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'Search Completion' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Widdit, AutoComplete, Google+ Manager, and Google Plus Search
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal Search Completion.
Step 3 : Remove the Search Completion Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Search Providers on left side of the window.
4. Choose your desired search box and click Set as default on lower right corner of the window. Remember, you cannot remove a search provider currently set to default.
5. Then, to remove Search Completion from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Search Completion' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Widdit, AutoComplete, Google+ Manager, and Google Plus Search.
6. You may now close the current window and remain Internet Explorer browser open.
7. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options. It opens up a configuration box of IE. Make sure that you are in General tab.
8. On Home Page area, replace the entry if it currently set to Search Completion. Type a line of your preferred web address to which your browser will open. This will be your default home page address.
9. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench icon on top. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Search Completion. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Search Completion extensions like Widdit, AutoComplete, Google+ Manager, and Google Plus Search.
5. Next, you need to reset the default home page of Google Chrome and remove Search Completion tab during start-up. To do this, click on Settings on left side panel.
6. Go to the area 'On startup' and select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'. Click on Set pages link to remove unwanted home page entry and set your preferred default web address.
7. Type your desired home page address on the field 'Enter Url...' and press Enter on your keyboard.
8. To remove Search Completion from the list, simply hover your mouse to the web address and click X on right most of the entry.
9. Click OK to save the settings and you may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Search Completion extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Widdit, AutoComplete, Google+ Manager, and Google Plus Search. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. While still on Firefox browser, go to the Google search located on top of the browser. Notice that the Google logo has small arrow icon pointing down. Click on the arrow to reveal all installed search engines. Click on Manage Search Engines.
7. On Manage Search Engine List box, you can now remove unwanted entries that are related to Search Completion. Click OK to save the settings.
8. Press OK to close the current window. We still need to do some modifications on Firefox settings so let the browser remains open.
9. Back at the Firefox browser, navigate to top menu and click on Tools > Options. It will display the configuration window of Firefox. At this point, it should open on the first tab, which is General.
10. If Search Completion have changed your default home page, you can input preferred URL to be your new setting. Simply type the complete web address in the box that is labeled Home Page. Please refer to attached image.
11. Click OK to save the current settings. Please remain in the browser; we still need to perform the final process.
12. In the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
13. Type Search Completion in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Search Completion. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Search Completion' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Widdit, AutoComplete, Google+ Manager, and Google Plus Search.
14. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Prevent Search Completion From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.