Uninstall Bueno Search (buenosearch.com)
Remove buenosearch.com from your home page by deleting the plug-ins that this adware has injected into the browser. This page contains complete uninstall guide to delete all components of Bueno Search.
Bueno Search is a home page hijacking adware that is presently using a Yahoo! search engine. This kind of program is usually installed on the computer through third-party software. It is bundled with other software so that users may not see that it is being installed on the system. Users are not aware that installing the source program likewise loads Bueno Search. This adware first attack the browser, changing the home page to buenosearch.com search box.
In order to control the browser, Bueno Search is injected as an add-on for Internet Explorer and Firefox. Extension is what you may see for Google Chrome browser. This adware also starts as browser helper object (BHO) that may initiate other malicious codes as you browse the web. BuenoSearch Toolbar is another module of the adware that may appear randomly on infected systems.
Although it is using a legitimate search engine, security experts recommend the removal of Bueno Search. It is observed that this program was made to monitor search activity on the computer as part of marketing scheme that benefits its network of advertisers. This adware may also gather sensitive data from the computer and also may put your privacy at risk.
To effectively remove Bueno Search from the computer, start with the removal of add-on. After that, you must scan the computer with tools suggested on this page. This process deletes all malicious entries on the PC and prevents your home page from redirecting to buenosearch.com.
'Bueno Search' Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove Bueno Search
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Bueno Search. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Bueno Search using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions below as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified threats.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall Bueno Search from Windows Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Opening Control Panel - Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Instructions
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel - Windows 8 Instructions
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Now, try to look and remove items with the following names: Bueno Toolbar, Tika-Search
If the given name is not present, the next trick is to uninstall newly loaded programs. To do this, arrange listed programs in chronological order. Click on 'Installed On' to see programs recently installed. Removing unfamiliar software may also help solve the issue. After selecting the program, click on Uninstall button and proceed to the next step. See image below for reference.
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Bueno Search or any relevant software.
Step 3 : Remove the Bueno Search Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Search Providers on left side of the window.
4. Choose your desired search box and click Set as default on lower right corner of the window. Remember, you cannot remove a search provider currently set to default.
5. Then, to remove Bueno Search from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'Bueno Search' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Bueno Toolbar, Tika-Search.
6. You may now close the current window and remain Internet Explorer browser open.
7. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options. It opens up a configuration box of IE. Make sure that you are in General tab.
8. On Home Page area, replace the entry if it currently set to Bueno Search. Type a line of your preferred web address to which your browser will open. This will be your default home page address.
9. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench icon on top. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by Bueno Search. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant Bueno Search extensions like Bueno Toolbar, Tika-Search.
5. Next, you need to reset the default home page of Google Chrome and remove Bueno Search tab during start-up. To do this, click on Settings on left side panel.
6. Go to the area 'On startup' and select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'. Click on Set pages link to remove unwanted home page entry and set your preferred default web address.
7. Type your desired home page address on the field 'Enter Url...' and press Enter on your keyboard.
8. To remove Bueno Search from the list, simply hover your mouse to the web address and click X on right most of the entry.
9. Click OK to save the settings and you may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the Bueno Search extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Bueno Toolbar, Tika-Search. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. While still on Firefox browser, go to the Google search located on top of the browser. Notice that the Google logo has small arrow icon pointing down. Click on the arrow to reveal all installed search engines. Click on Manage Search Engines.
7. On Manage Search Engine List box, you can now remove unwanted entries that are related to Bueno Search. Click OK to save the settings.
8. Press OK to close the current window. We still need to do some modifications on Firefox settings so let the browser remains open.
9. Back at the Firefox browser, navigate to top menu and click on Tools > Options. It will display the configuration window of Firefox. At this point, it should open on the first tab, which is General.
10. If Bueno Search have changed your default home page, you can input preferred URL to be your new setting. Simply type the complete web address in the box that is labeled Home Page. Please refer to attached image.
11. Click OK to save the current settings. Please remain in the browser; we still need to perform the final process.
12. In the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
13. Type Bueno Search in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by Bueno Search. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'Bueno Search' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Bueno Toolbar, Tika-Search.
14. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove Bueno Search, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just Bueno Search.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by Bueno Search and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent Bueno Search From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.