Stop datasrvrs.com redirect and pop-up virus from disturbing your Internet surfing by executing the removal method on this page. Be sure to run a scan with suggested anti-virus and anti-malware tool to complete the process.
datasrvrs.com is a redirect and pop-up malware that is usually dropped onto the computer by another threat. This is also called by some security experts as browser hijacker. Other ways used by attacker to spread this malware are spam email messages and social networking sites. On both methods, it compels users to click on a link that will open a web site that could lead to datasrvrs.com redirect virus infection.
Once the malicious code is injected into the browser, user will see various pop-up alerts. Surfing the web will be bothered with browser redirection to datasrvrs.com/sc?p… Immediately after that, browser will be hijacked by various online dating web sites and survey. We suspect that the adware’s connection to datasrvrs.com is simply to gather some data to server relevant ads to user.
It is observed that datasrvrs.com was created to promote various dating web sites. Moreover, it was made to generate revenue for its creator by means of delivering web traffic to its client. In general, having this hijacker may be risky because malware authors may use this service to drive your browser to harmful web page that contains malware.
In order to remove datasrvrs.com and stop the redirect, you need to scan the computer with a mixture of security tool. Complete guide can be found on this page to help you remove this browser hijacker from the computer.
datasrvrs.com Removal Procedures
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove datasrvrs.com
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by datasrvrs.com. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of datasrvrs.com using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to datasrvrs.com.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall datasrvrs.com from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed datasrvrs.com from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name datasrvrs.com and click on Uninstall/Change. If it is not present, try to look and remove entries such as DATASRVRS.
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of datasrvrs.com.
Step 3 : Remove the datasrvrs.com Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove datasrvrs.com from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If datasrvrs.com is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like DATASRVRS.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by datasrvrs.com. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant extensions already mentioned above.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the datasrvrs.com extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as already mentioned above. Click the Remove button to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type datasrvrs.com in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by datasrvrs.com. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If datasrvrs.com is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like DATASRVRS.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove datasrvrs.com, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just datasrvrs.com.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by datasrvrs.com and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent datasrvrs.com From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.