Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device
Stop the pop-up “Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device” by removing the rogue program that causes it to appear. On this page, you will find procedure and free removal tools to end this fake warning.
A browser hijacker that redirects your browser to a web page “Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device” page belongs to a rogue program Security Tool. Its intention is to scare computer users with a Windows Explorer-type virus scanner. It mimics Windows Explorer to trick user and make it look like that the scan occurs locally. Victim is not aware that the scanner is performing the scan using resources from a rented web space. Later it will detect several threats and alert users that it must be removed by having the registered version of promoted program.
If you accidentally visits web site like this, immediately close the browser and cease the Internet connection. That may halt the downloading of malware. Also, run an antivirus scan to ensure that newly downloaded virus will be removed from the system.
Alias: AV Security Suite
Browsers Affected: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
Avoid this website:
1. Never visit this website as it can infect your computer with virus and malicious programs.
2. Block browser redirects using your own firewall and security programs. A settings to block websites in Internet Explorer or avoid websites in FireFox can also be configured manually.
3. Keep your security programs and operating system updated with the latest security patch and practice safe Internet browsing to keep browser hijackers away.
Additional Details :
Clicking on a “Remove”, “Scan” or “Clean” buttons will redirect users to a payment processing website established by malware authors. This will facilitate payment for the purchase the the fake antivirus program.
How to Stop "Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device"
NOTE: It is recommended to PRINT this instruction because we need to restart Windows during the virus removal process.
Step 1 : Remove "Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device" with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Run a thorough scan to remove "Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device"
1. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
2. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
3. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
4. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
5. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
6. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
7. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
8. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with TDSSKiller to Remove other harmful items
Anti-rootkit utility called TDSSKiller is a free tool from Kasperksy that neutralizes complicated malware which effectively hides its process, folders, files and registry entries.
1. Download TDSSKiller and save the file on your desktop or any accessible spot.
2. Extract the contents of downloaded file (tdsskiller.zip) using archiver programs like Winzip or Winrar.
3. Locate the folder where you extracted tdsskiller.zip and double-click the file TDSSKiller.exe to launch the scanner.
4. Once TDSSKiller is open, please mark Services and drivers as well as Boot Sectors. Picking these options ensures that the program will inspect boot sector and system files that are infected with Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device. Please refer to attached image.
5. Click on Start Scan button to begin scanning your system. This may take a while. You need to complete this process to make sure that the program detects and delete all components of Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device.
6. When scan has finished, you may restart Windows normally. This part of the removal process using TDSSKiller is now complete.
Additional scanner you may run to ensure that Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device is totally deleted
To thoroughly remove Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected from previous can be removed as well. Click here to start using SuperAntiSpyware Portable.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus software is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner. Browse this page to see a list of free services from specific anti-virus and security company.
Alternative Procedures to Stop Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device
Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Ways to Prevent Wait a minute! This is important – we check your device Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.