websearch.a-searchpage.info is included in the growing lists of hijacker that solely aims in dominating the Internet browser on the affected computer. This unknown search will adjust the settings on known browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The main objective is to set websearch.a-searchpage.info into the home page so that user will utilized it as the default search engine.
Normally, users may acquire websearch.a-searchpage.info hijacker from free software. There are a number of these programs where hijacker is bundled to. Often, they are made on hand on web sites that are known for software download. Since websearch.a-searchpage.info is packed to other programs, both will get installed on the system as you execute the main code. Most users unintentionally load the unknown search on the computer.
Presence of websearch.a-searchpage.info redirect causes some irregularities on the affected browser. Home page will get affected first. The adware was designed to replace home page with its own search address. It also overrides the existing search engine, setting websearch.a-searchpage.info as the default one.
To be able to remove the hijacker, you must remove the program where it comes from. Additionally, deleting the extension from affected browser will stop it from controlling the home page. After removing websearch.a-searchpage.info, you can safely set the home page to your desired web address. Same thing can be done to your favored search engine.
websearch.a-searchpage.info Removal Procedures
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove websearch.a-searchpage.info
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by websearch.a-searchpage.info. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of websearch.a-searchpage.info using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to websearch.a-searchpage.info.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall websearch.a-searchpage.info from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed websearch.a-searchpage.info from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name websearch.a-searchpage.info and click on Uninstall/Change. If it is not present, try to look and remove entries such as Tuvaro.
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of websearch.a-searchpage.info.
Step 3 : Remove the websearch.a-searchpage.info Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove websearch.a-searchpage.info from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If websearch.a-searchpage.info is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Tuvaro.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by websearch.a-searchpage.info. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant extensions already mentioned above.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the websearch.a-searchpage.info extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as already mentioned above. Click the Remove button to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type websearch.a-searchpage.info in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by websearch.a-searchpage.info. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If websearch.a-searchpage.info is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Tuvaro.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove websearch.a-searchpage.info, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just websearch.a-searchpage.info.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by websearch.a-searchpage.info and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent websearch.a-searchpage.info From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.