websearch.searchdwebs.info is an unknown search engine that can take over the home page after an adware code is injected into the browser. This program is promoted through several ways. The main channel to propagate the adware is by embedding the code to another program. Authors of websearch.searchdwebs.info is observed to be creating a multimedia tool and made it to look like needed when viewing online movies. Innocent visitors usually fall into this trick and download the program. Without their knowledge, the program is a trap to let websearch.searchdwebs.info get into the browser.
When the adware is executed, it will drop some codes known as add-on. This will allow websearch.searchdwebs.info to replace the current home page settings. Also, the harmful code will override the default search engine on the browser. This adware is part of the Tuvaro family of web sites, in which all domains are using unwanted search engine from tuvaro.com. The sheer complain about websearch.searchdwebs.info is its ability to redirect searches to unknown sites that some were found malicious. Another thing that people hates about websearch.searchdwebs.info is its excessive display of advertisements when used to search the web.
If you want to remove the adware on home page and stop being redirected to websearch.searchdwebs.info, then you need to execute the procedure as written on this page. Scanning the computer with suggested tool may help you find and delete hidden files linked to the adware.
websearch.searchdwebs.info Removal Procedures
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove websearch.searchdwebs.info
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by websearch.searchdwebs.info. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of websearch.searchdwebs.info using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified modules linked to websearch.searchdwebs.info.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall websearch.searchdwebs.info from Windows Control Panel
You may skip these steps if the previous scan has successfully removed websearch.searchdwebs.info from the computer. Though, if there is a need to carry out manual removal, please execute these steps and refer to guide below specifically created to remove the threat from particular browser.
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name websearch.searchdwebs.info and click on Uninstall/Change. If it is not present, try to look and remove entries such as SearchDWebs, Tuvaro.
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of websearch.searchdwebs.info.
Step 3 : Remove the websearch.searchdwebs.info Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window.
4. Then, to remove websearch.searchdwebs.info from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If websearch.searchdwebs.info is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like SearchDWebs, Tuvaro.
5. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench or Three-bars icon on top-left portion of the browser. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by websearch.searchdwebs.info. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant extensions already mentioned above.
5. You may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the websearch.searchdwebs.info extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as already mentioned above. Click the Remove button to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. Back at the Firefox browser, go to the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
7. Type websearch.searchdwebs.info in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by websearch.searchdwebs.info. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If websearch.searchdwebs.info is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like SearchDWebs, Tuvaro.
8. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove websearch.searchdwebs.info, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just websearch.searchdwebs.info.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by websearch.searchdwebs.info and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent websearch.searchdwebs.info From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.