This page contains removal steps to uninstall add-on or extension that belongs to websearch.searchrocket.info. Download and scan the computer with suggested tools to delete the adware at once.
websearch.searchrocket.info is another browser hijacker that came from Tuvaro group. This search box mimics Google home page in order to mislead victims. The search tries to replace the home page and default search engine on target PC by injecting a code known as add-on or extension. It can affect browsers mainly used by people like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
One can have this websearch.searchrocket.info home page redirect adware after downloading and installing free software. It is mostly bundled to freeware that you may download even on popular sites. It simply means that adware authors are using these sites to deploy websearch.searchrocket.info into user’s PC. Installation of the adware could not be noticed due to its inclusion in the default setup process. Users are not aware that a simple removal of check mark while installing the program may save them from websearch.searchrocket.info hijacker.
Once installed, this adware embeds the code into browsers and run it like a browser helper object. This method gives the unknown search start-up priority when browser is launched. You can instantly see the effect after it has taken over the home page and replace it with a search engine from websearch.searchrocket.info.
To be able to remove this search hijacker, you must delete the add-on it has dropped into the browser. Removing the culprit freeware may also help in the process. Execute the removal guide on this page to ensure the complete uninstall of websearch.searchrocket.info.
'websearch.searchrocket.info' Removal Procedures
Step 1 : Run Anti-Malware Program to Automatically Remove websearch.searchrocket.info
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by websearch.searchrocket.info. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of websearch.searchrocket.info using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions below as outlined below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified threats.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Step 2 : Uninstall websearch.searchrocket.info from Windows Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Opening Control Panel - Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Instructions
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel - Windows 8 Instructions
a) Hover your mouse on lower-left corner of the screen and wait for the icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon to display list of accessible programs.
c) Select Control Panel from the list. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on 'Uninstall a program' under Programs area.
3. Your display now shows a screen to uninstall or change a program. Look for a name 'websearch.searchrocket.info' and click on Uninstall/Change. If 'websearch.searchrocket.info' is not present, try to look and remove items with the following names: Tuvaro
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal websearch.searchrocket.info.
Step 3 : Remove the websearch.searchrocket.info Add-ons and Extensions from your browser
Internet Explorer Instructions
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. Next, select Manage add-ons from the list. A window where in you can manage Internet Explorer add-ons will open.
3. Click Search Providers on left side of the window.
4. Choose your desired search box and click Set as default on lower right corner of the window. Remember, you cannot remove a search provider currently set to default.
5. Then, to remove websearch.searchrocket.info from this list, simply highlight it and click on Remove button. If 'websearch.searchrocket.info' is not present, it might be using a different name. Find and delete related entries like Tuvaro.
6. You may now close the current window and remain Internet Explorer browser open.
7. Navigate to Tools > Internet Options. It opens up a configuration box of IE. Make sure that you are in General tab.
8. On Home Page area, replace the entry if it currently set to websearch.searchrocket.info. Type a line of your preferred web address to which your browser will open. This will be your default home page address.
9. Click OK to save the settings and restart Internet Explorer.
Google Chrome Procedure
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Locate and click the Wrench icon on top. Then, select Settings from the list.
3. Once it opens a window, click on the Extensions located on left side panel.
4. Usually, Google Chrome has empty Extension, unless if you install base on your preference. Also on this area, you can find the item provided by websearch.searchrocket.info. Remove the unwanted entry. If in case it is not present, you need to find and remove relevant websearch.searchrocket.info extensions like Tuvaro.
5. Next, you need to reset the default home page of Google Chrome and remove websearch.searchrocket.info tab during start-up. To do this, click on Settings on left side panel.
6. Go to the area 'On startup' and select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'. Click on Set pages link to remove unwanted home page entry and set your preferred default web address.
7. Type your desired home page address on the field 'Enter Url...' and press Enter on your keyboard.
8. To remove websearch.searchrocket.info from the list, simply hover your mouse to the web address and click X on right most of the entry.
9. Click OK to save the settings and you may now restart Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox Direction
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox.
2. Navigate to top menu and click on Tools. It will display a drop-down list; please select Add-ons to open the configuration window.
3. Click Extensions on the left panel. This will show a list of installed extensions.
4. Find the websearch.searchrocket.info extension. If it does not exist, find related items such as Tuvaro. Click the Remove buttom to uninstall it.
5. Click on the X of Add-ons Manager tab to close the current window.
6. While still on Firefox browser, go to the Google search located on top of the browser. Notice that the Google logo has small arrow icon pointing down. Click on the arrow to reveal all installed search engines. Click on Manage Search Engines.
7. On Manage Search Engine List box, you can now remove unwanted entries that are related to websearch.searchrocket.info. Click OK to save the settings.
8. Press OK to close the current window. We still need to do some modifications on Firefox settings so let the browser remains open.
9. Back at the Firefox browser, navigate to top menu and click on Tools > Options. It will display the configuration window of Firefox. At this point, it should open on the first tab, which is General.
10. If websearch.searchrocket.info have changed your default home page, you can input preferred URL to be your new setting. Simply type the complete web address in the box that is labeled Home Page. Please refer to attached image.
11. Click OK to save the current settings. Please remain in the browser; we still need to perform the final process.
12. In the address bar, type about:config. Next, click on 'I'll be careful, I promise!' if it displays a warning "This might void your warranty!"
13. Type websearch.searchrocket.info in the search box. You will see all items that were modified by websearch.searchrocket.info. Right-click on the modified preference and click on Reset to restore the original setting. Repeat the process on all affected entries.
If 'websearch.searchrocket.info' is not present, try to look for a related entry. It may use a different name like Tuvaro.
14. You may now close the window and restart Mozilla Firefox.
Step 4 : Optional Browser Cleanup
If the previous instructions failed to remove websearch.searchrocket.info, this procedure will help you reset browser settings to default value. The process quickly removes adware and other malicious components from your browser.
NOTE: Please be aware that running this tool may also remove add-ons, extensions, or plug-in that you intentionally load on the browser, not just websearch.searchrocket.info.
1. Download Avast! Browser Cleanup by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on avast-browser-cleanup.exe to run the file.
3. If you receive "security warning" from Windows, just proceed and run the tool.
4. On initial run, the tool will check the browser for unwanted programs. If it finds any programs with poor reputation, it will prompt for instant removal. Please click "Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser." After removing unwanted add-on, we're not yet done. You still have to continue to steps below in order to reset browser settings.
5. On Avast! Browser Cleanup interface, you will see popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Select browser program that is affected by websearch.searchrocket.info and click on Reset browser settings to its default value.
6. Next, you will receive a prompts if you want to revert settings for the affected browser, just click Yes to proceed.
7. Lastly, Avast! Browser Cleanup will display a message "Browser settings have been successfully reset" after making the changes. Click on OK and restart the browser.
Prevent websearch.searchrocket.info From Ruining Your Computer
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.