Remove PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro and its entire module from the computer using a group to scanners. When Malwarebytes Anti-Malware cannot get rid of PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro, you can perform the procedure on this page to delete it from the computer.
PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro is a detection used by the program Malwarebytes Anti-malware to identify a computer threat linked to PC Optimizer Pro product. It uses the code “PUP” as in potentially unwanted program due to the nature of the software. It is not a virus, though it may possess similar traits. It gains access on the computer without your knowledge through other programs. “Optional” means that this threat may give user an option whether to install the program or not.
PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro files are normally bundled with freeware. By installing the said program, you may also load the PC Optimizer Pro. Though, as mentioned, you may still opt-out during the install process. Removing the check mark from the prompt will bypass the installation of PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro or similar components.
In some instances, users are made blinded by PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro. It may be presented as a different program. It will disguise as tools, utilities, games, or software update. When installed on the computer, all you will get is PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro.
A scan by MBAM program doesn’t always remove the threat. In fact, computer users brought up an issue on the difficulty of removing PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro. MBAM alone is not enough to get rid of this malicious program. This is why we have used a combination of tools and scanners on the removal guide as presented on this page.
How to Remove PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro
Step 1 : Download Microsoft Safety Scanner and Run a Scan
If you have previous version of Microsoft Safety Scanner that is more than 10 days old, please disregard it. Download a new copy from the official web site. Every 10 days, Microsoft will release the latest edition of this tool with updated anti-virus definitions to ensure that it will detect even most recent malware threats.
1. Download Microsoft Safety Scanner by clicking the button below and save it on your desktop. This is a free tool from Microsoft that offers on-demand scanning. It helps remove computer infection such as malware, virus, and Trojan.
2. Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
-Turn off the computer. Then turn the power on, immediately press F8 on your keyboard right after a text appears on the screen.
-It will display a selection. Please choose Safe Mode and press Enter. Most threats like PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro will not load when you run Windows in this mode.
3. Once Windows starts in Safe Mode, locate the file of Microsoft Safety Scanner (msert.exe) that you have downloaded earlier. Double-click to run the file.
4. When it shows End user license agreement, please accept and click Next to continue.
5. On Scan Type window, please select Full scan. The tool will scan the entire system. This is ideal to detect and remove all threats that are present on the computer.
6. Click Next to begin the scan. This process will take a while to finish. Please be patient and let MSS complete the scan procedure.
7. Once the scan operation ends, it will provide a report for identified threats. Please remove all the threats.
8. Reboot the computer and run another scan after Windows boots normally to make sure that Trojan:Win32/Sirefef.AN is gone. You may now restart Windows normally.
Step 2 : Double-check for Remnants of PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Run a thorough scan in Safe Mode to remove PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro
8. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
9. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
10. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
11. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
12. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
13. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
14. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
15. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Alternative Removal Procedures for PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Ways to Prevent PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.