Antispyware Defender is a fake computer security application being promoted and sold as computer protection software. Coming from the same authors who created Antivirus Soft, this malicious program poses great danger and risks. Antispyware Defender is very much capable of being installed on computers by means of Trojan that remains undetected and can conceal itself using rootkit techniques. Once inside the system, this malicious program will fabricate a virus scan, telling users that several threats were identified residing on the system. Continuous alert messages will be displayed containing fake and scary messages that attempts to misinform users. This tactic aims to force people into buying the registered version of Antispyware Defender.
Instead of acquiring this potentially unwanted program, download and install a legit anti-malware application and immediately remove Antispyware Defender. Don’t expect that this rogue program has an entry on Add/Remove program of Windows and can be remove anytime user wants it to. This malware is designed to stay on computer until such time that a licensed version is obtained.
Antispyware Defender Screen Shot:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista
Once inside the infected computer, Antispyware Defender will begin showing fake alerts. This is not an ordinary pop-up message. It will contain serious claim that system is under heavy attack. Then, the rogue application will provide an interactive virus scan where user may check the system but prohibits removal of detected viruses. The purpose of this malware is to gather sales from victims. It will sell the fake antivirus program in a manner that user will have no other choice.
How to Remove Antispyware Defender
Step 1 : Remove Antispyware Defender with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Antispyware Defender. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove Antispyware Defender, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Run a thorough scan in Safe Mode to remove Antispyware Defender
8. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
9. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
10. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
11. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
12. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
13. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Antispyware Defender and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
14. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
15. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 2 : Run Additional Scanner to Ensure that Antispyware Defender is Totally Deleted
To thoroughly remove Antispyware Defender, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected from previous can be removed as well. Click here to start using SuperAntiSpyware Portable.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus software is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner. Browse this page to see a list of free services from specific anti-virus and security company.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Antispyware Defender
Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Antispyware Defender drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Ways to Prevent Antispyware Defender Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.