To stop the presence of Antivirus 7 virus from the infected computer, you can proceed with the removal guide on this page.
Antivirus 7 is a rogue computer security application that may be acquired when visiting a websites that was designed to run a malicious scripts on visitors computer. Antivirus 7 virus will be downloaded and execute on the computer without users knowledge by exploiting certain software vulnerabilities. After installation, this fake program will display continuous alerts and warning messages that aims to trick the users into purchasing the Antivirus 7 activation code or license. A self-launched virus scan by Antivirus 7 will also be observed detecting dozens of threats. These threats are not present on computers, instead it was another misleading actions to persuade users to have the registered version of the software. After all, it will advertise that the only way to remove virus infections on computer is by having the license version of Antivirus 7.
The real solution to remove Antivirus 7, virus and other threats on computer is to download and scan with real anti-malware application. Getting the license version of Antivirus 7 will not resolve any problems. It was not designed to remove any kind of threats and was not capable of doing so.
Screen Shot Image of Antivirus 7 :
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Different warning is shown by Antivirus 7 as scare tactics to convince users to obtain the licensed version of the program. Here are some of it:
Security advisor: Important updates available
Attention! New important updates available
New important updates:
– anti-virus database definitions update
– anti-spyware database definitions updates
– critical system vulnerabilities fix
– resident shield update
– Internet Explorer potential vulnerabilities fix
Recommended: Always install latest updates to enhance your computer security and performance
Resident Shield: New virus detected
Warning! New virus detected
Please click “Remove All” button to heal all infected files and protect your PC
Internet Shield: Identity theft attempt detected
Warning! Identity theft attempt detected
Please click “Prevent attack” button to heal all infected files and protect your PC
When trying to get the license of Antivirus 7, it will redirect users to their own payment-processing website and ask for credit card information to be charge. Aside from the payment, a fraudulent transaction will be made that will deduct additional fees on user’s account.
How to Remove Antivirus 7
Systematic procedures to get rid of the threat are presented on this section. Make sure to scan the computer with suggested tools and scanners.
Step 1 : Remove Antivirus 7 with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Antivirus 7. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove Antivirus 7, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Run a thorough scan to remove Antivirus 7
1. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
Boot in Safe Mode on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 system
a) Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
b) It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
Start computer in Safe Mode using Windows 8
a) Before Windows begins to load, press Shift and F8 on your keyboard.
b) On Recovery interface, click on 'See advanced repair options'.
c) Next, click on Troubleshoot option.
d) Then, select Advanced options from the list.
e) Lastly, please choose Windows Startup Settings and click on Restart. When Windows restarts, you will be send to a familiar Advanced Boot Options screen.
f) Select Safe Mode from the selections menu.
2. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
3. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Antivirus 7 and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
4. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
5. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 3 : Remove Rootkit Trojan that installs Antivirus 7
Anti-rootkit utility called TDSSKiller is a free tool from Kasperksy that neutralizes complicated malware which effectively hides its process, folders, files and registry entries.
1. Download TDSSKiller and save the file on your desktop or any accessible spot.
2. Extract the contents of downloaded file (tdsskiller.zip) using archiver programs like Winzip or Winrar.
3. Locate the folder where you extracted tdsskiller.zip and double-click the file TDSSKiller.exe to launch the scanner.
4. Once TDSSKiller is open, please mark Services and drivers as well as Boot Sectors. Picking these options ensures that the program will inspect boot sector and system files that are infected with Antivirus 7. Please refer to attached image.
5. Click on Start Scan button to begin scanning your system. This may take a while. You need to complete this process to make sure that the program detects and delete all components of Antivirus 7.
6. When scan has finished, you may restart Windows normally. This part of the removal process using TDSSKiller is now complete.
Additional scanner you may run to ensure that Antivirus 7 is totally deleted
To thoroughly remove Antivirus 7, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected from previous can be removed as well. Click here to start using SuperAntiSpyware Portable.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus software is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner. Browse this page to see a list of free services from specific anti-virus and security company.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Antivirus 7
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Antivirus 7 drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, please follow the instructions below to access this feature.
Access System Restore on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
a) Go to Start Menu, then under 'Run' or 'Search Program and Files' field, type rstrui.
b) Then, press Enter on the keyboard to open System Restore Settings.
Open System Restore on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the screen and wait for the Start icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon and select Run from the list. This will open a Run dialog box.
c) Type rstrui on the 'Open' field and click on OK to initiate the command.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Antivirus 7 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Antivirus 7 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Antivirus 7.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Antivirus 7 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be saved automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Thoroughly scan the computer with your updated antivirus software.
4. Delete all files dropped by Antivirus 7.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:Added Registry Entries:
Did Antivirus 7 blocks your Internet access?
It is usual that rogue program prevents user from downloading removal tools from the Internet. Thus, infected computer may be denied to access the Internet by making changes to computer's proxy, DNS, and Hosts file. To fix Internet connection problem, follow these steps:
1. Download the free program called MiniToolBox. Click the button below to begin. Save the file on your hard drive or preferably in your Desktop.
2. Close all running Internet browser and double-click on the file to run. It opens a window showing a list of features.
3. Make sure that you have a check mark on the following items : Flush DNS, Reset IE Proxy Settings, and Reset FF Proxy Settings.
4. Click on the GO button to start the process. The program automatically closes and displays a text file for your reference.
5. If the above solution does not work, you may try other method like fixing a virus-blocked Internet access. Make sure that your hosts file is free from any malicious entries. View steps in cleaning Windows host file.
Ways to Prevent Antivirus 7 Infection
Here are some guidelines to help defend your computer from virus attack and malware activities. Being fully protected does not have to be expensive.
Install protection software to block Antivirus 7 and other threats
Having an effective anti-malware program is the best way to guard your computer against malware and threats. Although full version of anti-malware will cost some penny to obtain, it is still worthy to buy one. With real-time scan, it will be safer for you to browse the web, download files, and do more things online.
Keep all programs up to date
It is important to download critical update for installed programs. Software updates includes patches for security flaw that may utilize by an attacker to enter the computer. This flaw may be taken advantage by Antivirus 7, viruses, and malware to attack the computer. Crucial programs to watch for updates are MS Windows, MS Office, Adobe Flash, Adobe Acrobat, and Java Runtime.
Activate security features of your Internet browser
SmartScreen Filter, Phishing and Malware Protection, and Block Attack Sites are the respective security features of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Although, it may not fully guard your computer from online attack, at least it can lessen the risk. Enabling these features also helps to secure your private data and avoid identity theft.
Be a responsible Internet user
Antivirus programs and security features of Internet browser facilitates real-time protection and monitors harmful activities online. However, it tends to malfunction for some reasons. Thus, you do not have to be fully dependent on these tools. It is always best to practice safety measures when using the Internet.