Cloud Protection is a program that fits the class of ‘fake software that aims to steal money from victims.’ This software uses tricky method to make user believe that computer is at risks and immediate removal action is needed. Cloud Protection produces dozens of fake alert messages aside from the actual scan it commence during Windows start-up. Through this course, one can be easily convinced that viruses really exist on the system and there is no other way to cure it than to obtain the paid version of Cloud Protection.
Cloud Protection typically arrives on computer uninvited. In fact, it was another Trojan infection that may get this fake antivirus inside your system. Trojan’s origin is hardly identified because it may reach ones PC from so many sources. Roughly, Trojan that is associated to rogue software mainly spread through fake online virus scanner website, fraud web site, fake video web site and peer-to-peer network connections. A rogue author employs the use of Trojan because of its ability to intrude a system while bypassing security protection. Once it gets inside, Trojan fetches a copy of Cloud Protection from a specified host and install without your notice.
The only sign that Cloud Protection is inside your computer is when annoyances begin to emerge at once. Pop-up alerts, task bar warning and redirection of search result are most noticeable symptoms. Other damages that Cloud Protection virus can cause are almost infinite. In fact, this malware can bring system to a total failure by halting every resources needed to operate it.
In the end, you can realize that all of these trouble only roots to one goal. Authors intend to sell the fake security program with this deceptive scheme.
Screen Shot Images:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
This threat runs automatically each Windows boot up by adding the following entry to Windows registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “(random characters)”
Once the malware gets inside the computer, it begins to issue extreme pop-up alerts and warning messages. This is an attempt to to make user believe that system is at risks and Cloud Protection can help you fix this problem.
Warning! Infection found
Unauthorized sending E-MAIL with subject “RE:” to <fake email here> was CANCELLED.
Warning! Infection found
Unwanted software (malware) or tracking cookies have been found during last scan. It is highly recommended to remove it from your computer.
Keylogger Zeus was detected and put in quarantine.
Keylogger Zeus is a very dangerous software used by criminals to steal personal data such as credit card information, access to banking accounts, passwords to social networks and e-mails.
Your computer continues to be infected with harmful viruses. In order to prevent permanent loss of your information and credit card data theft please activate your antivirus software. Click here to enable protection.
How to Remove Cloud Protection Virus
Boot Windows in Safe Mode With Networking
1. First thing to do is to reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Cloud Protection from loading at start-up. You may want to print this procedure as we have to restart the computer to complete the removal process.
- Restart the computer.
- Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
- It will display an Advanced Boot Options menu. Please select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Windows will now start in Safe Mode.
Automatic Removal Procedure
2. Download removal tool from this page and save it on your Desktop or any location on your PC.
3. When finish downloading, double-click on the file to install the application.
4. Follow the prompts and install with default configuration.
5. Before the installation completes, you need to update the database.
6. Click Finish. Program will run automatically and you will be prompt to update the program before doing a scan. Please update.
7. When finished updating, the tool will run. Select Perform full scan on main screen to check your computer thoroughly.
8. When scanning is finished click on Show Results.
9. Make sure that all detected threats are checked, click on Remove Selected. This will delete all files and registry entries that belongs to Cloud Protection.
10. Restart your computer.
Note: If Cloud Protection prevents mbam-setup.exe from downloading. Download the software from another computer. Renaming it to something like 'anything.exe' can help elude the malware.
Alternative Removal Method for Cloud Protection Virus
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Cloud Protection Virus enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Cloud Protection Virus infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Cloud Protection Virus manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Cloud Protection Virus requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Cloud Protection Virus.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Cloud Protection Virus files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Cloud Protection Virus.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.