Fake I.P.A. International Police Association
When I.P.A. International Police Association virus lock the computer requires that you should pay a penalty through Ukash payment, you do not have to give-in to this demand right away. The whole operation is part of a ramsomware family that aims to steal money from you.
Fake I.P.A International Police Association is a virus. It is a member of a Winlocker family of Trojan that will hold the computer hostage until user obtains the unlock code. Compare with other variants, this one targets multiple regions. It conducts operation based on identified country and issues relevant warning alerts. Fake I.P.A International Police Association will lock the screen and assert that illegal use of software and copyrighted material is spotted on your computer. Next, the malware claims that you must pay a penalty of 50 or 100 Euro through Ukash.
On some forum discussions, affected computer users tagged this infection as ‘IPA Ukash Virus’ due to the fact that it was written in various European non-English languages and only those phrases are familiar.
Authors of Fake I.P.A International Police Association targets mainly European counties. The Trojan is capable of spotting victim’s location through their IP Address. By using this information, the malware will display appropriate warning messages. The alert notice has different language version as follows:
Your computer is locked
Your computer is blocked by an automated system of information control
Votre ordinateur est bloqué
Votre ordinateur a été bloqué par le système de contrôle automatique informationnel
Ihr Computer wurde gesperrt
Ihr Computer wurde durch das System der automatischen Informationskontrolle gesperrt
El ordenador suyo esta bloqueado
El ordenador suyo fue bloqueado por el sistema del control informativo automatizado
Uw computer is geblokkeerd
Uw computer is geblokkeerd door het systeem van een automatische informatiecontrole
Datorn har blockerats
Datorn har blockerats av ett system för avtomatisk information kontroll
O seu computador foi bloqueado
O seu computador foi bloqueado pelo sistema do controlo automatico de informação
Ten komputer zosta? zablokowany
Ten komputer zosta? zablokowany przez system automatycznej kontroli informacyjnej
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Fake I.P.A. International Police Association
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk
Create A Bootable USB Drive
3. Insert a clean USB flash drive to available slot. To record the ISO file and create a bootable USB drive, double-click on rescue2usb.exe. It will extract the files and create a folder called Kaspersky Rescue2Usb.
4. Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker should run after the extraction. If not browse the Kaspersky Rescue2Usb folder and run the rescue2usb file.
5. From Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker console, click on Browse and locate the file kav_rescue_10.iso.
6. On USB Medium, select the USB drive you wanted to make as bootable Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk. This will become a bootable virus scanner.
7. Click in Start to begin the process.
8. When the process is complete, it will display a notification message. Your tool to remove Fake I.P.A. International Police Association is now ready.
Boot The Computer From The USB Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
9. Since Fake I.P.A. International Police Association uses a rootkit Trojan that controls Windows boot functions, we need to reboot the computer and select the newly created Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk as first boot option. On most computers, it will allow you to enter the boot menu and select which device or drives you wanted to start the PC. Refer to your computer manual.
10. If you successfully enters the boot menu, choose the USB flash drive. This will boot the system on Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Press any key to enter the menu.
11. If it prompts for desired language, use arrow keys to select and then press Enter on your keyboard.
12. It will display End User License Agreement. You need to accept this term to be able to use Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10. Press 1 to accept.
13. The tool will prompt for various start-up methods. We highly encourage you to choose Kaspersky Rescue Disk Graphic Mode.
Remove Fake I.P.A. International Police Association Using Windows Unlocker
14. Once the tool is running, you need to run WindowsUnlocker in order to delete registry that belongs to Fake I.P.A. International Police Association. On start menu located at bottom right corner of your screen, select the K icon or select WindowsUnlocker if it is present on the Menu.
15. Select Terminal from the list. A command prompt will open.
16. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
17. From the selection, choose 1 - Unlock Windows to remove Fake I.P.A. International Police Association. Use up/down arrow on keyboard to select and press Enter.
18. This utility will start removing any components that blocking you from accessing the computer. It will display a log file containing actions performed on the infected computer like deleted infected file and removed registry entries.
19. After removing components of Fake I.P.A. International Police Association. You need to scan the system using the same tool. On start menu, select Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
20. Be sure to update the program by going to My Update Center tab. Click on Start update.
21. After the update, go to Object Scan tab and thoroughly scan the computer to locate other files that belong to Fake I.P.A. International Police Association.
22. Restart the computer normally when done.
Alternative Removal Method for Fake I.P.A. International Police Association
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Fake I.P.A. International Police Association enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Fake I.P.A. International Police Association infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.