Fast Windows Antivirus 2011
Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 is a program that you must remove from the computer. It comes bundled with the Trojan so you have to deal with these two threats at the same time.
Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 is a rogue security software that is introduce by a fake online virus scanner. This scanner will mimic Windows explorer in order to deceive user that the process is running locally. In fact, Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 virus scan progresses on the remote server or the malicious web site. Visitors are redirected to this location by a Trojan infection. At the end of the scan, it will provide Windows Security Alert and state that several infections are found on the computer. An advice to download a trial version of Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 pop-ups and begins to persuade you. When you click on it, this will automatically download and install the malware on your local hard drive. Then, it carries a modification on your system, adding files and registry entries that will make the fake software to run each time Windows starts.
Installing Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 is the worst decision one can ever make. The best thing to do is ignore every links, prompts and web sites it wants you to click. Disconnect the computer from the Internet to avoid contact with other related malware. Immediately run a full scan of the system using anti-malware and anti-virus software. It is best to install an anti-malware program that can provide real-time scan to block harmful files and unwanted Internet traffic.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Fast Windows Antivirus 2011
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop the process associated to "Fast Windows Antivirus 2011". When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes tab. Find and end this process.
2. You need to update your installed antivirus software. Please connect to the Internet and download the most recent database. This is a one-click process from your AV program’s console.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove any threats found by your antivirus program. If delete option is not available, your best next choice is to quarantine the infected file. There is also a need to manually locate and delete malicious files. Please see the file section for items that are relevant to Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 Virus.
4. Next, you need to remove registry entries created by Fast Windows Antivirus 2011. Please refer to registry section to view entries related to the rogue program. [how to edit registry]
5. Exit registry editor when you are done.
6. Get rid of Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. It will launch a new window containing System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab and uncheck the following item.
Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 Virus Removal Tool
For not so technical users that cannot comprehend with the manual removal. This automatic detection and cleaner is recommended. However, you need to download and install a tool to complete this process. The tool is free to download. We highly advise the use of this program to automatically delete all files and registry entries created by Fast Windows Antivirus 2011. Remember that erasing system files required by the operating system may cause erratic behavior. It may also lead to system malfunction. Click here to download Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 automatic remover.
Using Portable SuperAntiSpyware:
To thoroughly remove the virus, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected by anti-virus application can be remove as well. Click here to download and run SAS Portable Scanner.
Alternative Removal Method for Fast Windows Antivirus 2011
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Fast Windows Antivirus 2011.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Fast Windows Antivirus 2011 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Fast Windows Antivirus 2011.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.