Internet Antivirus 2011
This page is all about Internet Antivirus 2011. You can find detailed information and removal guide to uninstall the fake program from the infected computer.
Internet Antivirus 2011 virus will utilize the fast connection of the Internet as the primary channel to deploy a copy. It will arrive in the form of spam email attachment, link from messaging software, fake online virus scanner or defraud video web sites. Internet Antivirus 2011 can be dropped on to computers without user’s knowledge when a Trojan associated with it was able to penetrate a computer by exploiting security faults.
On the other end, fake antivirus and multimedia web pages will convince its visitors to download and install their hosted executable file to be able to use the online services without any hassle. Once Internet Antivirus 2011 has entered the system, modifications will be carried out and entries will be added to the registry that will allow the fake AV to run each time Windows is started. This process will cause an excessive display of pop-up alerts and false warning messages trying to persuade users into obtaining the paid version of Internet Antivirus 2011.
Remove Internet Antivirus 2011 virus once a presence was noticed on the computer. Only legitimate security programs are recommended to get rid of rogue software. Having the licensed version of it is just a waste of money. In fact, Internet Antivirus 2011 does not contain any executable and system files to perform computer protection and virus removal as it claims. Stay out of this malware. You can avoid it by installing an anti-malware product that provides real-time scanning.
Screenshot Image of Internet Antivirus 2011:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Internet Antivirus 2011
Step 1 : Remove Internet Antivirus 2011 with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Internet Antivirus 2011. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove Internet Antivirus 2011, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Run a thorough scan to remove Internet Antivirus 2011
1. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
2. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
3. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
4. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
5. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
6. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Internet Antivirus 2011 and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
7. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
8. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 3 : Remove Rootkit Trojan that installs Internet Antivirus 2011
Anti-rootkit utility called TDSSKiller is a free tool from Kasperksy that neutralizes complicated malware which effectively hides its process, folders, files and registry entries.
1. Download TDSSKiller and save the file on your desktop or any accessible spot.
2. Extract the contents of downloaded file (tdsskiller.zip) using archiver programs like Winzip or Winrar.
3. Locate the folder where you extracted tdsskiller.zip and double-click the file TDSSKiller.exe to launch the scanner.
4. Once TDSSKiller is open, please mark Services and drivers as well as Boot Sectors. Picking these options ensures that the program will inspect boot sector and system files that are infected with Internet Antivirus 2011. Please refer to attached image.
5. Click on Start Scan button to begin scanning your system. This may take a while. You need to complete this process to make sure that the program detects and delete all components of Internet Antivirus 2011.
6. When scan has finished, you may restart Windows normally. This part of the removal process using TDSSKiller is now complete.
Additional scanner you may run to ensure that Internet Antivirus 2011 is totally deleted
To thoroughly remove Internet Antivirus 2011, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected from previous can be removed as well. Click here to start using SuperAntiSpyware Portable.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus software is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner. Browse this page to see a list of free services from specific anti-virus and security company.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Internet Antivirus 2011
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Internet Antivirus 2011 drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Did Internet Antivirus 2011 blocks your Internet access?
It is usual that rogue program prevents user from downloading removal tools from the Internet. Thus, infected computer may be denied to access the Internet by making changes to computer's proxy, DNS, and Hosts file. To fix Internet connection problem, follow these steps:
1. Download the free program called MiniToolBox. Click the button below to begin. Save the file on your hard drive or preferably in your Desktop.
2. Close all running Internet browser and double-click on the file to run. It opens a window showing a list of features.
3. Make sure that you have a check mark on the following items : Flush DNS, Reset IE Proxy Settings, and Reset FF Proxy Settings.
4. Click on the GO button to start the process. The program automatically closes and displays a text file for your reference.
5. If the above solution does not work, you may try other method like fixing a virus-blocked Internet access. Make sure that your hosts file is free from any malicious entries. View steps in cleaning Windows host file.
Ways to Prevent Internet Antivirus 2011 Infection
Here are some guidelines to help defend your computer from virus attack and malware activities. Being fully protected does not have to be expensive.
Install protection software to block Internet Antivirus 2011 and other threats
Having an effective anti-malware program is the best way to guard your computer against malware and threats. Although full version of anti-malware will cost some penny to obtain, it is still worthy to buy one. With real-time scan, it will be safer for you to browse the web, download files, and do more things online.
Keep all programs up to date
It is important to download critical update for installed programs. Software updates includes patches for security flaw that may utilize by an attacker to enter the computer. This flaw may be taken advantage by Internet Antivirus 2011, viruses, and malware to attack the computer. Crucial programs to watch for updates are MS Windows, MS Office, Adobe Flash, Adobe Acrobat, and Java Runtime.
Activate security features of your Internet browser
SmartScreen Filter, Phishing and Malware Protection, and Block Attack Sites are the respective security features of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Although, it may not fully guard your computer from online attack, at least it can lessen the risk. Enabling these features also helps to secure your private data and avoid identity theft.
Be a responsible Internet user
Antivirus programs and security features of Internet browser facilitates real-time protection and monitors harmful activities online. However, it tends to malfunction for some reasons. Thus, you do not have to be fully dependent on these tools. It is always best to practice safety measures when using the Internet.