Internet Protection 2011
Internet Protection is a malware that will disguise as a useful tool to deceive computer users. Follow the guide on this page to remove this malware and other threats that comes with it.
Computer security experts identify Internet Protection 2011 as another rogue program that was build in the sole purpose of stealing money from its victims. This malware will spread through a Trojan infection, fake online virus scanner and harmful files that users may get from file-sharing networks and illegal download servers.
We always remind our visitors that rogue software has no means of shielding a computer neither it can remove any threats from it. It was created to run a virus scan and detect threats even though PC is free from such. A mere scare tactics by Internet Protection 2011 is enough to convince computer user to pay for the full version of the program. As usual, authors of this malware endorse Internet Protection 2011 as the only key to resolve any computer security problems.
As mentioned, Internet Protection 2011 is a distrusted program that you must ignore and remove from a system. It may be hard to delete since no components are included in the Add/Remove program of Windows. It is intended to install itself without your knowledge and will stick into the system until you obtain the paid version. The only way to remove Internet Protection 2011 from the PC is to download, install and scan with genuine and powerful security tool. Provided on this page is a complete guide and free tool to get rid of this risky software.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Internet Protection 2011
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop the process associated to "Internet Protection 2011". When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes tab. Find and end this process.
2. You need to update your installed antivirus software. Please connect to the Internet and download the most recent database. This is a one-click process from your AV program’s console.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove any threats found by your antivirus program. If delete option is not available, your best next choice is to quarantine the infected file. There is also a need to manually locate and delete malicious files. Please see the file section for items that are relevant to Internet Protection 2011 Virus.
4. Next, you need to remove registry entries created by Internet Protection 2011. Please refer to registry section to view entries related to the rogue program. [how to edit registry]
5. Exit registry editor when you are done.
6. Get rid of Internet Protection 2011 start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. It will launch a new window containing System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab and uncheck the following item.
Internet Protection 2011 Virus Removal Tool
For not so technical users that cannot comprehend with the manual removal. This automatic detection and cleaner is recommended. However, you need to download and install a tool to complete this process. The tool is free to download. We highly advise the use of this program to automatically delete all files and registry entries created by Internet Protection 2011. Remember that erasing system files required by the operating system may cause erratic behavior. It may also lead to system malfunction. Click here to download Internet Protection 2011 automatic remover.
Using Portable SuperAntiSpyware:
To thoroughly remove the virus, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected by anti-virus application can be remove as well. Click here to download and run SAS Portable Scanner.
Alternative Removal Method for Internet Protection 2011
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Internet Protection 2011 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Internet Protection 2011 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Internet Protection 2011 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Internet Protection 2011 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Internet Protection 2011.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Internet Protection 2011 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Internet Protection 2011.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.