Internet Security 2010
Internet Security 2010 is another counterfeit security tool for Windows. This type of program is normally promoted as antivirus and protection software to deceive target. Internet Security 2010 virus gets into the system slipping antivirus applications. Related Trojan that earlier contaminated computer will redirect Internet browser to a malicious security web sites that make use of drive-by-download method. When residing inside the system, Internet Security 2010 together with Trojan make sure that user will have difficulties taking the rogue AV out of the system. Certainly, all options and tools found useful to eliminate this unwanted program will be rendered useless. Internet Security 2010 also kills running process of antivirus program causing it full disability. Windows system functionalities and Safe Mode are made inaccessible. Above all, Internet Security 2010 will alter system settings particularly the registry so that it will reign each time Windows is started.
Being in disguise as legitimate security product, Internet Security 2010 is successful in misleading computer users. In fact, some who have encounter with this fake antivirus end up appealing for the registration key. Worst, those that possess credit card account advances to online payment processing web site to obtain the full version of Internet Security 2010. This action is heading to stolen credit card credentials and redundant charges on transaction.
Screen Shot Image:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Internet Security 2010
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Unload any running Internet Security 2010 process by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard. This will open Task Manager. Look for the following process and click on End Process.
2. If there is an antivirus program installed, connect to Internet and update it to have the latest database and pattern files.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and clean/delete all infected files. Check if there are remnants of virus-related files, delete if found.
4. Edit Windows registry and delete Internet Security 2010 entries. [how to edit registry]
5. Close registry editor, changes will be save automatically.
6. Remove Internet Security 2010 start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. System Configuration Utility will open. Go to Startup tab and uncheck these Startup items.
7. Click on Apply and reboot the computer for changes to take effect.
Internet Security 2010 Removal ToolFor automatic removal of this malware, please click here to download anti-malware tool. There are instances that Trojan will block the downloading of our recommended tool. On this situation, please download the file from a clean computer. Rename the file before installing it on the infected system.
Alternative Removal Method for Internet Security 2010
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Internet Security 2010 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Internet Security 2010 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Internet Security 2010 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Internet Security 2010 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Internet Security 2010.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Internet Security 2010 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Internet Security 2010.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:
File Location for Windows Versions:Added Registry Entries:
- %UserProfile% for Vista/7 user is C:\Users\<Current User> for Windows Vista/7, for Windows XP/2000 this is C:\Documents and Settings\<Current User>.
- %Windir% refers to the installation folder of the operating system.