Live Security Platinum
Remove Live Security Platinum virus by following the instructions on this page. Download essential tools and program to remove the malware instantly.
Live Security Platinum is a program seems to look like real antivirus software. In fact, this malware originates from the rogue family that also spread other fake tool such as Smart Fortress. There will be no sign that this thing is entering the PC. It will just disclose a presence when it begins to provide non-stop warnings from Windows system tray. Then, Live Security Platinum will provide a virus scan, which produces huge amount of identified threats. You must know that this fake antivirus will attempt to refer a full version of it through these misleading results. In short, it is using an unfair marketing method to let you buy a useless product.
In order to protect your computer, you must know how Live Security Platinum manages to enter it. A Trojan is needed to spread this malware. It is coupled with a rootkit Trojan to penetrate a computer while evading antivirus detection. This Trojan is using an advance technique that it can actually kill any install antivirus program on a target computer before it can react. Once this Trojan takes a place, it will install Live Security Platinum and configure it to run each time user log-on to Windows. Another channel that might be use by this malware is spam email messages and links it may send out through social networking sites.
Presence of Live Security Platinum can cause user a stolen data. It is vital to remove this threat at once. Follow the guide on this page to get rid of this malware instantly.
Screenshot Image of Live Security Platinum:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
This threat will post many system tray alerts to make you think that computer is infected with malicious program. Here is one example of the fake message.
Live Security Platinum Warning
Some critical system files of your computer were modified by a malicious program. It may cause system instability and data loss. Click here to block unauthorized modification by removing threats (Recommended).
Aside from system tray alert, this rogue program will provide pop-up warning. As expected, it will contain a number of detected threats. In its effort to force you into getting the registration code, Live Security Platinum will post scary causes of the identified infection. It may state that computer can suffer from system crash, data loss, start-up failure, and other things that are far from reality.
When you try to remove threats identified by this fake antivirus, it will lead you to a payment page where it will ask for your credit card details. Once you submit details, attackers behind this malware may record your information and use the data on other online illegal transaction. There have been numerous cases that user who fall into this trap have been charge more than what was indicated on the payment page. So to keep out of trouble, we highly advise not to submit into Live Security Platinum’s demand specially if it concerns online payment.
Just like older variants of Live Security Platinum such as Smart Fortress 2012, this new version also detects the threat TrojanSPM/LX on the computer. This is one way of scaring users to force them into product registration. See the fake alert on the image below.
How to Remove Live Security Platinum
Step 1 : Remove Live Security Platinum with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Live Security Platinum. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed free.
Please take note that free version of this tool is used for malware and virus removal purposes only. It is not a substitute to antivirus products. If you find the program useful and want to add a protection module, you can purchase the full version of MBAM from this page.
1. In order to completely remove Live Security Platinum, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Run a thorough scan in Safe Mode to remove Live Security Platinum
8. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
9. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
10. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
11. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
12. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
13. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Live Security Platinum and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
14. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
15. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 2 : Ensure that no more files of Live Security Platinum are left inside the computer
1. Click on the button below to download Norton Power Eraser from official web site. Save it to your desktop or any location of your choice.
4. Once the file is downloaded, navigate its location and double-click on the icon (NPE.exe) to launch the program.
5. Norton Power Eraser will run. If it prompts for End User License Agreement, please click on Accept.
6. On NPE main window, click on Advanced. We will attempt to remove Live Security Platinum components without restarting the computer.
9. On next window, select System Scan and click on Scan now to perform standard scan on your computer.
10. NPE will proceed with the scan. It will search for Trojans, viruses, and malware like Live Security Platinum. This may take some time, depending on the number of files currently stored on the computer.
11. When scan is complete. All detected risks are listed. Remove them and restart Windows if necessary.
Step 3 : Remove the Rootkit Trojan that installs Live Security Platinum
Rootkit Remover is a stand-alone utility developed by McAfee. It can be used to detect and remove rootkit Trojan that is associated with Live Security Platinum. This tool can detect rootkit that is part of ZeroAccess and TDSS family.
1. Download Rootkit Remover and save it to your desktop or any accessible location. Click the button below to begin download the tool.
2. Locate the file rootkitremover.exe and double-click to run the program.
3. When User Account Control prompts if you want to allow the program to make changes on the computer, please click Yes.
4. Rootkit Remover instantly scans the computer and look for presence of Trojans, viruses, and rootkit that is related to Live Security Platinum .
5. Once it finishes scanning the computer, the tool will require you to restart Windows.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Live Security Platinum
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Live Security Platinum drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Live Security Platinum manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Live Security Platinum requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Live Security Platinum.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Live Security Platinum files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries mentioned in Technical Reference section
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Thoroughly scan the computer with your updated antivirus software.
4. Delete all files dropped by Live Security Platinum.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:Added Registry Entries:
Did Live Security Platinum blocks your Internet access?
It is usual that rogue program prevents user from downloading removal tools from the Internet. Thus, infected computer may be denied to access the Internet by making changes to computer's proxy, DNS, and Hosts file. To fix Internet connection problem, follow these steps:
1. Download the free program called MiniToolBox. Click the button below to begin. Save the file on your hard drive or preferably in your Desktop.
2. Close all running Internet browser and double-click on the file to run. It opens a window showing a list of features.
3. Make sure that you have a check mark on the following items : Flush DNS, Reset IE Proxy Settings, and Reset FF Proxy Settings.
4. Click on the GO button to start the process. The program automatically closes and displays a text file for your reference.
5. If the above solution does not work, you may try other method like fixing a virus-blocked Internet access. Make sure that your hosts file is free from any malicious entries. View steps in cleaning Windows host file.
Ways to Prevent Live Security Platinum Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.