Live Security Suite
The content of this page is all about Live Security Suite. If your computer is infected with Live Security Suite virus, you can read section on this post that will help remove the malware.
Live Security Suite is another doubtful security software that will pretend as an antivirus program made for Windows systems. This malware spreads over the Internet by means of a Trojan and fake online virus scanner web pages. Spam email messages containing harmful ZIP and RAR files are other culprit for the infection of this virus.
Initially, Trojan will infect a computer that may result to browser redirection. Infected computer will be pointed to web pages that will execute a false virus scan on visitor’s computer. After the scan, it will prompt user to download and install trial version of Live Security Suite to be able to get rid of detected threats. On some instances, this fake tool is installed by a Trojan without your knowledge when in enters the computer via Internet browser’s security flaw. Just as expected, having this program on the computer will not clean infected items. Instead, it will perform another virus scan locally. This time, it will ask users to pay the registered version to completely remove all threats. A common way for rogue programs to deceive users and earn a profit from its illegal activities.
To remove Live Security Suite and other Trojan related to it. Having the registered version of this program is pointless. Why pay for the fake program when there are legitimate security tool available free. We recommend the use to trusted anti-malware product to fully scan the computer. Aside from it, anti-virus programs can also be use to remove infected files and Trojans dropped by Live Security Suite.
Screenshot Image of Live Security Suite:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Presence of this unwanted program will annoy users with excessive fake alert messages to promote Live Security Suite and further convince users to obtain the licensed version.
Spyware activity alert!
Spyware.BrowserDeath activity detected. This kind of spyware is attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and other programs, including logins and passwords from online banking sessions, eBay, PayPal, etc.
Tracking cookies that steal your passwords, accounts and credit card information have been detected in your system. Click here to remove them immediately with Live Security Suite.
How to Remove Live Security Suite
Step 1 : Remove Live Security Suite with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including Live Security Suite. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed free.
Please take note that free version of this tool is used for malware and virus removal purposes only. It is not a substitute to antivirus products. If you find the program useful and want to add a protection module, you can purchase the full version of MBAM from this page.
1. In order to completely remove Live Security Suite, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Run a thorough scan in Safe Mode to remove Live Security Suite
8. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
9. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
10. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
11. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
12. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
13. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of Live Security Suite and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
14. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
15. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 2 : Ensure that no more files of Live Security Suite are left inside the computer
1. Click on the button below to download Norton Power Eraser from official web site. Save it to your desktop or any location of your choice.
4. Once the file is downloaded, navigate its location and double-click on the icon (NPE.exe) to launch the program.
5. Norton Power Eraser will run. If it prompts for End User License Agreement, please click on Accept.
6. On NPE main window, click on Advanced. We will attempt to remove Live Security Suite components without restarting the computer.
9. On next window, select System Scan and click on Scan now to perform standard scan on your computer.
10. NPE will proceed with the scan. It will search for Trojans, viruses, and malware like Live Security Suite. This may take some time, depending on the number of files currently stored on the computer.
11. When scan is complete. All detected risks are listed. Remove them and restart Windows if necessary.
Step 3 : Remove the Rootkit Trojan that installs Live Security Suite
Rootkit Remover is a stand-alone utility developed by McAfee. It can be used to detect and remove rootkit Trojan that is associated with Live Security Suite. This tool can detect rootkit that is part of ZeroAccess and TDSS family.
1. Download Rootkit Remover and save it to your desktop or any accessible location. Click the button below to begin download the tool.
2. Locate the file rootkitremover.exe and double-click to run the program.
3. When User Account Control prompts if you want to allow the program to make changes on the computer, please click Yes.
4. Rootkit Remover instantly scans the computer and look for presence of Trojans, viruses, and rootkit that is related to Live Security Suite .
5. Once it finishes scanning the computer, the tool will require you to restart Windows.
Alternative Removal Procedures for Live Security Suite
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Live Security Suite drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Live Security Suite manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Live Security Suite requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Live Security Suite.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Live Security Suite files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries mentioned in Technical Reference section
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Thoroughly scan the computer with your updated antivirus software.
4. Delete all files dropped by Live Security Suite.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.
Technical ReferenceAssociated Files and Folders:Added Registry Entries:
Did Live Security Suite blocks your Internet access?
It is usual that rogue program prevents user from downloading removal tools from the Internet. Thus, infected computer may be denied to access the Internet by making changes to computer's proxy, DNS, and Hosts file. To fix Internet connection problem, follow these steps:
1. Download the free program called MiniToolBox. Click the button below to begin. Save the file on your hard drive or preferably in your Desktop.
2. Close all running Internet browser and double-click on the file to run. It opens a window showing a list of features.
3. Make sure that you have a check mark on the following items : Flush DNS, Reset IE Proxy Settings, and Reset FF Proxy Settings.
4. Click on the GO button to start the process. The program automatically closes and displays a text file for your reference.
5. If the above solution does not work, you may try other method like fixing a virus-blocked Internet access. Make sure that your hosts file is free from any malicious entries. View steps in cleaning Windows host file.
Ways to Prevent Live Security Suite Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.