Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus
A warning about ‘Attention: Illegal Activity was Revealed’ will show on your desktop if Metropolitan Police virus blocks the computer. To remove this fake Metropolitan Police, follow the procedure written on this page.
Metropolitan Police virus is doing another round these days and deploying a copy through the use of Trojans and compromised web sites. There is growing concern about this malware due to the effect once it infects a system. Apart from locking the PC, Metropolitan Police virus infuses other harm carried out by the Trojan that goes along with it. Most are aware of this fake warning but only few are informed that existence of rootkits can lead to a damaging effect when not heed immediately.
When fake Metropolitan Police locks the computer, it commands the user to pay a fine for committing online felony including downloading of pirated materials and abusing copyrighted products. It also states that payment should be made through Ukash and Paysafecard method not exceeding 72 hours from date of detection. Failing to comply with this order can lead to a more serious penalty for the offender – and that is the mere victim. Part of the Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” fake warning states the following:
Attention: Illegal Activity was Revealed
Your operational system is locked as a result of Great Britain law violation…
Quite a number of computer users who have failed to distinguish that this operation is fraud, avails the deal to settle the issue at once. Do not be one of them. Always remember that if you receive notices such as this, verify first with proper authorities before submitting to the demands. If found fraud, your first action should be to scan the computer with genuine anti-malware program to remove the threat. Lastly, safeguard your computer with an effective solution to defend the system against this attack.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk
Create A Bootable USB Drive
3. Insert a clean USB flash drive to available slot. To record the ISO file and create a bootable USB drive, double-click on rescue2usb.exe. It will extract the files and create a folder called Kaspersky Rescue2Usb.
4. Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker should run after the extraction. If not browse the Kaspersky Rescue2Usb folder and run the rescue2usb file.
5. From Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk Maker console, click on Browse and locate the file kav_rescue_10.iso.
6. On USB Medium, select the USB drive you wanted to make as bootable Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk. This will become a bootable virus scanner.
7. Click in Start to begin the process.
8. When the process is complete, it will display a notification message. Your tool to remove Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus is now ready.
Boot The Computer From The USB Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
9. Since Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus uses a rootkit Trojan that controls Windows boot functions, we need to reboot the computer and select the newly created Kaspersky USB Rescue Disk as first boot option. On most computers, it will allow you to enter the boot menu and select which device or drives you wanted to start the PC. Refer to your computer manual.
10. If you successfully enters the boot menu, choose the USB flash drive. This will boot the system on Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Press any key to enter the menu.
11. If it prompts for desired language, use arrow keys to select and then press Enter on your keyboard.
12. It will display End User License Agreement. You need to accept this term to be able to use Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10. Press 1 to accept.
13. The tool will prompt for various start-up methods. We highly encourage you to choose Kaspersky Rescue Disk Graphic Mode.
Remove Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus Using Windows Unlocker
14. Once the tool is running, you need to run WindowsUnlocker in order to delete registry that belongs to Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus. On start menu located at bottom right corner of your screen, select the K icon or select WindowsUnlocker if it is present on the Menu.
15. Select Terminal from the list. A command prompt will open.
16. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
17. From the selection, choose 1 - Unlock Windows to remove Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus. Use up/down arrow on keyboard to select and press Enter.
18. This utility will start removing any components that blocking you from accessing the computer. It will display a log file containing actions performed on the infected computer like deleted infected file and removed registry entries.
19. After removing components of Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus. You need to scan the system using the same tool. On start menu, select Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
20. Be sure to update the program by going to My Update Center tab. Click on Start update.
21. After the update, go to Object Scan tab and thoroughly scan the computer to locate other files that belong to Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus.
22. Restart the computer normally when done.
Alternative Removal Method for Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Metropolitan Police “Illegal Activity” Virus infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.