Microsoft Security Center 2011
Microsoft Security Center 2011 is a Windows program that was made to mislead computer users. Also called as MS Security Center 2011 virus, it can sneak into your PC without a notice. The malware is using a Trojan to spread the infection to users who are link to Internet. This Trojan is capable of getting inside the system while evading your trusted anti-virus program. A technique called rootkit is able to hide the Trojan on the system by placing own code to vital Windows file. Using this method, Microsoft Security Center 2011 spreads fast and easily to infect computer users worldwide. It may come by packing itself on executable file or program that anyone can get from file-sharing networks. Fake online virus scanner web sites are also another source of Microsoft Security Center 2011 contraction.
If the malware is installed on the system, it will make changes on the registry, which will allow Microsoft Security Center 2011 to run when Windows starts. After loading, it will show a fake virus scan that may look very genuine because of a well-designed graphical user interface (GUI). You may not notice but results are falsified to warrant the importance of the software. Microsoft Security Center 2011 will detect threats that do not really exist on the PC. It aims to persuade victims into paying for the licensed version of it. Ignore this rogue application. In fact, it must be remove at once using real and powerful anti-malware product as advised below.
Screen Shot Image:
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7[cf]regis[/cf] [cf]files[/cf]
How to Remove Microsoft Security Center 2011
Manual Removal Procedure
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop the process associated to "Microsoft Security Center 2011". When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes tab. Find and end this process.
2. You need to update your installed antivirus software. Please connect to the Internet and download the most recent database. This is a one-click process from your AV program’s console.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove any threats found by your antivirus program. If delete option is not available, your best next choice is to quarantine the infected file. There is also a need to manually locate and delete malicious files. Please see the file section for items that are relevant to Microsoft Security Center 2011 Virus.
4. Next, you need to remove registry entries created by Microsoft Security Center 2011. Please refer to registry section to view entries related to the rogue program. [how to edit registry]
5. Exit registry editor when you are done.
6. Get rid of Microsoft Security Center 2011 start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the "Open" dialog box. It will launch a new window containing System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab and uncheck the following item.
Microsoft Security Center 2011 Virus Removal Tool
For not so technical users that cannot comprehend with the manual removal. This automatic detection and cleaner is recommended. However, you need to download and install a tool to complete this process. The tool is free to download. We highly advise the use of this program to automatically delete all files and registry entries created by Microsoft Security Center 2011. Remember that erasing system files required by the operating system may cause erratic behavior. It may also lead to system malfunction. Proceed with Microsoft Security Center 2011 automatic removal.
Using Portable SuperAntiSpyware:
To thoroughly remove the virus, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected by anti-virus application can be remove as well. Click here to download and run SAS Portable Scanner.
Alternative Removal Method for Microsoft Security Center 2011
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Microsoft Security Center 2011 enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Microsoft Security Center 2011 infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.
Option 2 : Microsoft Security Center 2011 manual uninstall guide
IMPORTANT! Manual removal of Microsoft Security Center 2011 requires technical skills. Deleting system files and registry entries by mistake may result to total disability of Windows system. We advise you to perform a backup of registry before proceeding with this guide.
1. Kill any running process that belongs to Microsoft Security Center 2011.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard.
- When Windows Task Manager appears, look for Microsoft Security Center 2011 files (refer to Technical Reference) and click End Process.
2. Delete all registry entries that belong to this malware.
- Press [Windows Key]+R on your keyboard.
- In the 'Open' dialog box, type regedit and press Enter. This will open registry editor.
- Find and delete registry entries as mentioned in Technical Reference section below.
- Close registry editor. Changes made will be save automatically.
3. Scan the computer with antivirus program.
- Connect to Internet and open your antivirus software. Please update to obtain the latest database and necessary files.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Just before Windows logo begins to load press F8 on your keyboard.
- On Windows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4. Delete all files dropped by Microsoft Security Center 2011.
- While still in Safe Mode, search and delete malicious files. Please refer to 'Technical Reference'. Make sure that you execute 'End Task' first before deleting the file. Otherwise, the system will not let you perform this action.