“Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked”
If a warning “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – Your system has been blocked” appears on your desktop, it only confirms that your computer is a victim of a ransom malware. Remove the virus using the tool provided on this page.
“Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – Your system has been blocked” is a new malware that is identified as a ransom Trojan. It may have the appearance of real MSE interface but the motives are far more diverse. The main objective of this malware is to provide the fake alert as bait. Then, it will prompt victim to pay for a fix. It recommends to download and install proactive protection module. According to “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – Your system has been blocked”, this is an optional paid update for especially infected Windows system. However, the truth behind this deceptive tactic is the intense drive of malware author to steal money from scared victim like you. There have been a lot of similar situations in the past wherein victims who pay for this kind of update never obtain what was stated in the deal. After paying for a fix, computer will remain in an unstable state and you will never hear anything from the seller again. You cannot even refund the payment because the transaction is fraud. The content of this invalid system alert holds the following message:
Microsoft Security Essentials Alert
Your system has been blocked for security reason.
Microsoft Security Essentials detected potential threats! Your system has reached the critical security level, because of visiting sites with infected and pornographic contents…
You should not believe on whatever the contents of this fake alert. It is purely fabricated for misleading purposes. Primary intention of its creator is to scare computer users like you so that you will be force to follow whatever is suggested. Ignore the warning and proceed right away with the removal of “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – Your system has been blocked”. This is the only solution that can stop the fake alert and remove the malware as well. Please see the removal steps below and use it as a guide to deal with this threat.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
How to Remove “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked”
Step 1 : Remove “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked” with this recommended tool
This guide requires a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It is a free tool designed to eradicate various computer infections including “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked”. MBAM scanner and malware removal tool is distributed for free.
1. In order to completely remove “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked”, it is best to download and run the recommended tool. Please click the button below to begin download.
2. After downloading, double-click on the file to install the application. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the file and select 'Run as administator' from the list.
3. When User Account Control prompts, please click Yes to proceed with the installation.
4. Follow the prompts and install as 'default' only. There are no changes needed during the installation process.
5. Before the installation procedure ends, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will ask for database update, please proceed.
6. Click Finish button after installation. Program will run automatically run and you will be prompted to update if newer version of database is available.
7. At this moment, close MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and proceed with the next step.
Run a thorough scan in Safe Mode to remove “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked”
8. Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer.
9. Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
10. It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode.
11. Windows will now start in Safe Mode. It runs on minimal set of drivers so expect your desktop to load a low-resolution display.
12. Once Windows is running on Safe Mode, find the icon of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Double-click to launch the program.
13. Choose Perform full scan on scanner's console to ensure that it thoroughly check the PC for any presence of “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked” and other forms of threats. Click the Scan button to start.
14. Once the scan has completed, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will issue a list of identified threats. Mark all threats and click on Remove Selected.
15. If it prompts to restart the computer, please reboot Windows normally.
Step 2 : Run Additional Scanner to Ensure that “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked” is Totally Deleted
To thoroughly remove “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked”, it is best to do a separate scan of another security program so that other infected files not detected from previous can be removed as well. Click here to start using SuperAntiSpyware Portable.
Online Virus Scanner:
Another way to remove a virus without the need to install additional anti-virus software is to perform a thorough scan with free Online Virus Scanner. Browse this page to see a list of free services from specific anti-virus and security company.
Alternative Removal Procedures for “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked”
Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked” drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, you can type system restore into the Start menu search box. Typing rstrui on the same box and pressing Enter also opens this function.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Ways to Prevent “Microsoft Security Essentials Alert – System Blocked” Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.