Personal Security virus is a dangerous unwanted application that may attached itself to computers when visiting an infected web site. Personal Security will compromise computer as well as user’s confidential data. Just like the old variants Cyber Security, it propagates on computers quickly by means of Internet and Trojan. Probably, the most successful method that rogue developers apply to contaminate system is via browser hijacker that often redirect user to unsolicited website running fake online virus scanner. Mentioned web site constructively alarm users of possible infections through fake results. Next, it prompts to download and install Personal Security claiming that identified threats are able to remove with this step. Unknown to gullible user, this was just a trick to infest the system and later on leads to fraudulent online transactions when it pushes to buy the registered version of Personal Security.
Personal Security mutates rapidly jeopardizing computers with new and sophisticated method. The malware constantly seek for Trojans assistance to get deep into the system while bypassing anti-virus and firewall application. Then, it attacks Windows system files and registry to dominate the computer extensively.
To remove Personal Security virus and other security risks particularly rogue ones, it is not sensible to spend for the same product. You cannot accomplish treatment by purchasing the licensed version as malware recommended. Free and trusted security software from legitimate developer can do the job without spending a single penny.
Screen Shot Image:
Damage Level: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 9x, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Personal Security Removal Procedures
Personal Security REMOVAL TOOL:
It is highly recommended to remove Personal Security using removal tool. Complexity in manual removal may lead to Windows malfunction when necessary files are mistakenly deleted. For an instance that the tool is ineffective, you may proceed with manual procedure carefully following provided step-by-step guide. To start using the recommended application, please click here.
MANUAL REMOVAL PROCEDURE:
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on keyboard to stop process associated to “Personal Security”. When Windows Task Manager opens, go to Processes Tab and find and end the following process:
2. You need to update your installed antivirus application to have the latest database.
3. Thoroughly scan the system and any detected threats must be removed. If removal is prohibited, it is best to quarantine the infected item. Manually locating and deleting of malicious files should also be performed. Please see files below that are related to Personal Security Virus.
4. Registry entries created by Personal Security must also be remove from the Windows system. Please refer below for entries associated to the rogue program.
– For Windows 2000/XP: Go to Start > Run, type “regedit” on dialog box then press Enter on keyboard.
– For Windows Vista/7: Go to Start > Search Program and Files, type “regedit” and press Enter.
5. Exit registry editor.
6. Get rid of Personal Security start-up entry by going to Start > Run, type msconfig on the “Open” dialog box. A windows containing System Configuration Utility will be launched. Go to Startup tab and uncheck the following Start-up item(s):
7. Click Apply and restart Windows.
Technical Details and Additional Information:
Malicious Files Added by Personal Security
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\PSecurity.lnk
c:\Program Files\Common Files\PSecurityUninstall\Uninstall.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\PSecurity
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\PSecurity\Computer Scan.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\PSecurity\Help.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\PSecurity\Personal Security.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\PSecurity\Registration.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\PSecurity\Security Center.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\PSecurity\Settings.lnk
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\PSecurity\Update.lnk
File Location for Windows Versions:
- %UserProfile% for Vista/7 user is C:\Users\<Current User> for Windows Vista/7, for Windows XP/2000 this is C:\Documents and Settings\<Current User>.
Personal Security Registry Entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\post platform “WinTSI 01.12.2009”
Alternative Removal Method for Personal Security
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
If Personal Security enters the computer, there is a big chance that Windows files, registry entries and other essential components are also infected. System Restore can reinstate clean system files by restoring the configuration to an earlier date. The method also replaces compromised files with a clean version. If you have a saved restore point before Personal Security infiltrates the PC, we highly encourage you to execute this procedure if none of the above works. You may proceed with Windows System Restore, click here to see the full procedure.