Disk Clean Pro is a suspicious Mac OS X system optimization and cleanup tool. It offers features such as One click cleaning, Logs cleaner, Trash cleaner, Memory optimizer, Duplicate finder, File shredder, and many more.
This unwanted program is spread through various costless programs that are using collective setup procedure. Normally, Disk Clean Pro and some adware that are bundled to it are installed on the computer without any notification. They were proceeding with the setup and system configuration without user’s consent. In most scenarios, users have no idea how the product gets inside the computer and how it was able to carry out critical changes.
The surprise attack on Mac system by Disk Clean Pro can be misunderstood as virus infection. To make it clear, adware is not as dangerous as computer virus. In particular, Disk Clean Pro is an ad-supported program, which people can use on daily basis. But, you must be aware that it may consume extensive system resources when it starts to flash advertisements right at your browser. Disk Clean Pro is a program with general goal of earning profits by selling itself as a valid tool.
If your Macintosh system is suffering from sluggishness due to excessive ads by Disk Clean Pro, then you need to get rid of this adware immediately. Combined software or adware that arrives with it is another thing that you must take out from Mac computer.
Disk Clean Pro Removal Procedures
Below are several steps that you should carry out to delete Disk Clean Pro adware from Mac computer. We highly recommend executing both manual removal and thorough scanning of the system using the provided tool.
Delete Disk Clean Pro from Mac
1. Close Disk Clean Pro opened window or running application.
2. On your keyboard, press Command + Option + Esc to open Force Quit Applications window.
3. Select Disk Clean Pro from the list of running processes and click on Force Quit button.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on “Go“. Then, select “Go to Folder“.
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu, click Go, and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Disk Clean Pro to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Disk Clean Pro
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select “Open” from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the “Scan” button to start checking the computer for presence of Disk Clean Pro and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on “Remove Selected Items” to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Disk Clean Pro. Your computer should now be malware free.