Mr PC Cleaner
Remove Mr PC Cleaner pop-ups and program from the computer by scanning the system with tools suggested on this page. Using these set of tools helps find and delete hidden files dropped by this potentially unwanted program.
Mr PC Cleaner is a potentially unwanted program that will disguise as a legitimate optimization tool for Windows operating system. In fact, Mr PC Cleaner is nothing but rogue security software that was made to spread via the Internet. It usually infects users with the help of a Trojan. The virus can be installed on the computer without user’s permission though security breaches. When inside the PC, Mr PC Cleaner will modify system settings to let itself run when Windows starts. It also provides unusual virus scan results and force users to obtain the licensed copy before it can remove detected threats. Aside from these, the program also hijacks the browser in order to pop-up Mr PC Cleaner web site occasionally.
As you can see, the main motive of this rogue software is to market itself. It never considers the current PC status. This only means that Mr PC Cleaner is not capable of finding threats. In fact, an incomplete module sitting on its folder confirms that it is fake. Database and virus definition files are missing. These are the main components of a valid security program.
Instead of buying this useless product, download and install genuine anti-malware software. Run a full scan on the computer to remove Mr PC Cleaner together with its entire module. A separate scan using your own anti-virus software is also advised to find and eliminate other harmful files that were not spotted on the previous scan.
How to Remove Mr PC Cleaner
Step 1 : Run a scan with your antivirus program
1. First thing you should do is reboot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking to avoid Mr PC Cleaner from loading at start-up.
Remove all media such as floppy drive, cd, dvd, and USB devices. Then, restart the computer and please do the following:
Boot in Safe Mode with Networking on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 system
a) Before Windows begins to load, press F8 on your keyboard.
b) It will display the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking.
Start computer in Safe Mode with Networking using Windows 8
a) Before Windows begins to load, press Shift and F8 on your keyboard.
b) On Recovery interface, click on 'See advanced repair options'.
c) Next, click on Troubleshoot option.
d) Then, select Advanced options from the list.
e) Lastly, please choose Windows Startup Settings and click on Restart. When Windows restarts, you will be send to a familiar Advanced Boot Options screen.
f) Select Safe Mode with Networking from the selections menu.
2. Once Windows is running under Safe Mode with Networking, open your antivirus program and download the most recent update. This method ensures that your antivirus program can detect even newer variants of Mr PC Cleaner.
Updating your antivirus software is a one-click process. Please refer to your software manual for complete instructions.
3. Once updating is finished, run a full system scan. After the scan, delete all infected items. If unable to clean or delete, better place the threat in quarantine.
Step 2: Run another test with Norton Power Eraser
1. Click on the button below to download Norton Power Eraser from official web site. Save it to your desktop or any location of your choice.
4. Once the file is downloaded, navigate its location and double-click on the icon (NPE.exe) to launch the program.
5. Norton Power Eraser will run. If it prompts for End User License Agreement, please click on Accept.
6. On NPE main window, click on Advanced. We will attempt to remove Mr PC Cleaner components without restarting the computer.
7. On next window, select System Scan and click on Scan now to perform standard scan on your computer.
8. NPE will proceed with the scan. It will search for Trojans, viruses, and malware like Mr PC Cleaner. This may take some time, depending on the number of files currently stored on the computer.
9. When scan is complete. All detected risks are listed. Remove them and restart Windows if necessary.
Alternative Removal Methods for Mr PC Cleaner
Option 1 : Use Windows System Restore to return Windows to previous state
During an infection, Mr PC Cleaner drops various files and registry entries. The threat intentionally hides system files by setting options in the registry. With these rigid changes, the best solution is to return Windows to previous working state is through System Restore.
To verify if System Restore is active on your computer, please follow the instructions below to access this feature.
Access System Restore on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
a) Go to Start Menu, then under 'Run' or 'Search Program and Files' field, type rstrui.
b) Then, press Enter on the keyboard to open System Restore Settings.
Open System Restore on Windows 8
a) Hover your mouse cursor to the lower left corner of the screen and wait for the Start icon to appear.
b) Right-click on the icon and select Run from the list. This will open a Run dialog box.
c) Type rstrui on the 'Open' field and click on OK to initiate the command.
If previous restore point is saved, you may proceed with Windows System Restore. Click here to see the full procedure.
Ways to Prevent Mr PC Cleaner Infection
Take the following steps to protect the computer from threats. Suggested tools and security setup within installed software helps prevent the same attack on your PC.